Did you get Batman Damned #1? If so, did you like it?

I got lucky & picked up a copy for cover price. I got the Jim Lee cover. Does anyone think DC will make a reprint? Or will people have to wait for the trade to read?

3 Likes

I liked it OK. Not as much as I was hoping. May have had expectations too high. To me it’s a clear two-parter and it’s annoying having to wait for the 2nd issue. Should have been released as 1 whole book IMO.

1 Like

I read some of it and it’s pretty good but yeah, it’s one of those where is much better to just wait for the collection hardbook

1 Like

I was lucky enough to snag the original and variant cover the day of release. I enjoyed it as an introduction to the story. Digging the art work so I cant wait to see where it goes.

2 Likes

It was ok. That’s all I got.

1 Like

Great art. Interesting take on thomas Wayne.

Thanks for reminding me that I need to reread it. (What’s it say that I can’t remember anyting about it)

It was mediocre. Thought itd be bigger.

The story seems ok tho. ZING

1 Like

Great story and art. Oversized, quality book. Like most books that are #1 of a series, it spends some time on setup. Great potential. Really looking forward to the next 2.

I normally don’t buy new Batman comics not a big fan but I wanted to see something that I’ve never seen before :thinking:

1 Like

Forgot to mention I enjoyed it

I liked it! Kinda sucks about the batawang sucking up the entire conversation of the book.

1 Like

Really liked it. I love the dark, ugly, gritty, and believable world Azzarello and Bermejo create when teamed up on Batman. Can’t wait to see where it goes.

1 Like

Yes I did get Batman Damned still haven’t read it yet. I will be reading it this week for sure. Heard it is pretty good.

Just reread it today. The art was awesome.

Got the digital version, enjoyed it. The Jim Lee variant is sweet.

Really liked it. The art was very cool and I’m very anxious to see where the story leads.

How many people bought it for Batman’s member? Lol.

How many people bought it for Batman’s member? Lol.

1 Like

AMAZING ISSUE!! It looks to be a sequel to the Joker book the writer/artist did a while back. The controversy is real stupid as it plays with the scene that Bruce is completely vulnerable. I was lucky enough to get it when it came out and now see it selling at up to 400 dollars. Its also the first issue I ever read that was in a magazine size. It doesnt fit in my comic book long boxes, so will have to find an alternative to store it