Did Lyla Mention Cobra?

Did Lyla just mention Cobra when listing terrorist organizations? :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5:

Not exactly-- she mentioned Kobra, cult-like DC Comics villains, usually led by one of two twin brothers calling themselves, well, Kobra. DCโ€™s version has been running terror plots a good 7 or so years longer than Cobra Commander and Destro.

3 Likes

It doesnโ€™t help that Lord Naga the leader of Kobra dresses like Serpentor much of the time. I was first introduced to the cult of Kobra through the entry in the Loose leaf Whoโ€™s Who series back in 1990. I didnโ€™t really see much of them in the comics though until the Terminal Velocity storyline in Flash 95-100 (1987-2009)

Iโ€™ve never heard of Kobra. Iโ€™m just gonna pretend itโ€™s Cobra and hope that G.I. Joe eventually shows up. Donโ€™t burst my bubble. :wink:

1 Like

actually, the first time I ever heard of Cobra it was on the old Hanna-Barbara Godzilla Cartoon I think they had cobra commander and the Baroness on one episode (this was about two or three years BEFORE G.I. Joe hit in 1982

Yes Kobras been in mainstream dc for a while. Their in Batman Beyond, Static Shock, JLU and are villains of the Batman family.

Theyโ€™ve antagonized the JSA from time to time too.

Yes they are on Brave and Bold too now that I think about it. The outsiders take em down before they sacrifice a girl to an enormous snake.