Dick Grayson Fan Club: Bi-Week 4 - Joker: Last Laugh #1-6: Mar. 29 - Apr. 11

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 12.25.17 PM

The Joker receives some shocking news while under lockdown in the Slab: he has a malignant tumor in his brain and is going to die. But it’s not like the Clown Prince of Crime to bow out without putting on one last show—and he kicks it all off with a prison riot!

Gather around, Wingdings! In honor of April Fool’s Day, we’ll be reading more Joker centered stories this month (ones that are important for Dick’s character of course). For the next two weeks, we’ll be reading Joker: Last Laugh #1-6, which you can fine here.

:sunny: :sunny: Spoiler discussion begins now :sunny: :sunny:

1 Like

Oh, the ending of this story is infuriating. JUST LET HIM DIE.

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted to know how Jason would react to that whole thing.

Well, Jason did stop Batman from killing the Joker in Detective Comics #570, so he wouldn’t have much room to talk. (He still does try to talk along those lines in Batman #650, but the Lazarus Pit seems to have turned him into a bit of a hypocrite.)

1 Like

I bet he looks back on that event and is like “I’m an idiot.”

2 Likes

Babs and Dick’s discussion on killing the Joker is definitely ironic considering what happens later.

1 Like

I’ve never read this story actually other than the Nightwing tie-ins because they’re in vol. 8: Lethal Force.

I’ve never actually read it either, but I’ve read discussions on Dick’s character that included the scene of him killing the Joker.

1 Like

Yeah same.

Can I also say from that cover that has to be one of my favorite designs/images of Joker.

3 Likes

Absolutely, Brian Bolland is one of the definitive Joker artists.

3 Likes

I’ve never read this series before, although I have read some of the tie ins here and there. I have to say…neither was my cup of tea. I guess I really can’t buy the Joker has some huge international menace. Even then, the story just doesn’t seem well executed.

And what was up with Oracle’s sudden about face at the end?

We should kill him!
We should kill him!
No, don’t kill him!

Yeah that was kind of random. Especially since they believed Tim had been killed. I would have thought that would have made her desire for the Joker to die stronger.

1 Like

I’m surprised Dick didn’t revive the Joker himself. We already know he has at least some basic first-response training…

(Ace and Gary, anyone?)

1 Like