Detective Comics

I want to start reading detective comics. Are there any suggestions about where I should start?

1 Like

Considering it is well over 1000 issues now, you should start with Tynion’s run on DC Rebirth which starts at issue 934 I believe.

4 Likes

Alright. Thank you

2 Likes

I would read the so-called “Strange Apparitions” run from 471 to 476. Also, if you haven’t read the early Golden Age stuff, definitely check it out!

3 Likes

Detective 27 first Batman

Detective 38 First Robin

1979 Detective Comics 471 to 476 Steve Engleheart and Marshall Rogers

Detective 2016 by Tynion

3 Likes

Thank you guys. I will try them out

1 Like

Ooh, I heard Engleheart had some pretty juicy stuff. I personally missed out on a lot of classic Batman runs. O’Neil/Adams, Engleheart/Rogers…I’ll have to correct that one day.

2 Likes

If I wanted to jump in on the current ones, would Tomasi’s run be a good place?

1 Like

I prefer Tynoon

Tomasi run is hit and miss
I don’t remembee story an hour aftwr reading
His Superman is very good
Only a little Tomasi in.library now.

Besides Tynion run is complete
Tomasi just starting

The first arc is self explaining

It is a Bat Family comic

Batman
Batwoman
Tim Drake
Stefanie Brown
Cassendra Caon
Clayface

2 Likes

Hard to miss on Detective Comics. There all pretty great. As far as a starting point that is. If just story wise. A very underrated quick storyline that’s deep enough you could push thru to catch up for 1,000 is Made of Wood. Detective Comics #785-#787. Bonus story Tales of Gotham the Dogcatcher is included in the end of each issue.

1 Like

Is Tomasi’s run pretty bad

Not bad at all

Just extremely forgettable

1 Like

I had to look at the issues he wrote and kind of agree with @TurokSonOfStone1950 . I forgot most of the arcs already lol. He does introduce a new rogue for Batman in issue 1000. Was kind of cool-ish.

2 Likes

Hete is a link.for best Batman comic which includes many Detective stories including

Night of the Stalker
To Jill a Legend
There is no Hope in Crime Alley