Detective Comics 80th Anniversary 100 Page Giant Out at Walmart

A very, VERY special thanks to member invaderzim56 for pointing this out in the most recent Walmart Giant thread.

I’d not heard about this book but here it is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/WALMART-DETECTIVE-COMICS-BATMAN-1-DC-80th-ANNIVERSARY-GIANT-NM-UNREAD-1000/303109551085?hash=item4692bcb3ed:g:Lv8AAOSwyutcm9l0:sc:USPSFirstClass!90002!US!-1

Has anyone heard about this book?

Once more, a VERY special thanks to invaderzim56 for bringing this book to our attention =)

7 Likes

That’s the first I’ve heard of this, and I follow these things and work at a Wal-Mart. :open_mouth:

I’m going to have to look for this next time I’m in.

1 Like

This book did indeed slip in quietly. Much like Batman himself tends to do.

3 Likes

Let’s just hope it doesn’t disappear on us just as quietly.

1 Like

You are most welcome! :grin: Still trying to find it here in the Salt Lake City area but no luck yet!

1 Like

I ran by two Walmarts earlier tonight but no dice (or the comic for that matter :wink: ).

One store was almost sold out of last month’s Giants and the other was completely sold out and only had a few copies of Teen Titans Giant #6 left.

NOTE: This book ships in its own box, similar to how last year’s Halloween and Christmas Giant books did. Here’s a link to an eBay auction so you know what to be on the lookout for: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-80th-Anniversary-Giant-1-Detective-Comics-Batman-80-Page-NM-Walmart-Stand/392267672001?hash=item5b54f9a9c1:g:CkAAAOSwpCBckqGi

Happy Hunting!

3 Likes

Bumped for Don-El.

1 Like

Wow, not a super-powered person to be found !!!

Very very sweet .yeah I’ll keep my eyeballs peeled for that one.

Love the cover and hey we’ve never seen a Detective Comic over in Walmart , this is historic!!!

1 Like

That is Super Cool! Thanks So Much! Happy Hunting Everyone!

I like that they used the cover from the Detective Comics 80 Years of Batman book for this one-shot. It’s a nice Jim Lee piece.

I see The Phantom Stranger is in this too! I love TPS!