Detective Chimp's Scavenger Hunt 🔎

Detective Chimp’s Scavenger Hunt :mag_right:

Welcome to DC Universe’s first official Scavenger Hunt! Where we post the clues, and you all work together to find the answers. When the final clue is discovered and the master puzzle solved, everyone who participated gets an exclusive digital badge!

detectivechimp2

Please note: When the game starts, This topic becomes a :sparkles:WIKI!:sparkles: This means that EVERYONE Clearance Level 1 and up can edit this topic by clicking this symbol, Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 3.28.18 PM found in the upper right.

HOW IT WORKS:

• On Saturday, April 11th at 12pm PT/3pm ET, a list of questions will be posted here.

• If you discover the answer to a clue, update wiki this topic with the answer.

• When all clues are discovered, the Scavenger Hunt is complete!

• Discovered clues MUST be edited right into this topic; to prevent answering of clues in the comments, they will be disabled while the Scavenger Hunt is on. They will be re-enabled when the list is complete. wiki

• For you smarty pants who could answer everything in one fell swoop, try to leave some for others by noting the discovery of only 1 clue every hour. (Looking at you, HubCityQuestion. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Sounds easy, doesn’t it? WELL IT’S NOT! Or at least, we hope it’s not. If it is, we’ll just make it harder next time. For your chance at that digital badge ring, check in here on Saturday, April 11th at 12:00pm PT to start your hunt for clues!

HOW TO CLAIM CLUES:

• When you find the answer to one of the mysteries below, come back to this topic.

• Click the Wiki icon wiki in the upper right of this box.

• Edit RIGHT INSIDE this topic, where the ANSWER section to your discovered mystery is. Remember to claim your discovery by adding your username!

• :memo:PLEASE NOTE​:memo:: If many people are editing the Wiki at the same time, there could be over-writing. Please make sure your answer “takes”.

1. Which encyclopedia entry features the chief member of the Doom Patrol?
    ANSWER: The Chief
    YOUR USERNAME: ajm08g

2. How is this member of the Trinity getting around in @capo-mage’s comment from the thread “DC Characters Ways To Get Around?”
    ANSWER: Wonder Woman’s invisible jet
    YOUR USERNAME: LDFM

3. In Dial H for Hero (2019) #1, what surprise can Miguel not tell?
    ANSWER: Mayo madness surprise
    YOUR USERNAME: @arkhamassassin , Reaganfan78

4. In the comic Smallville: Season 11 (2012-) #26, what is the name of the program Jones mentioned?
    ANSWER: Ares
    YOUR USERNAME: nu52

5. Which encyclopedia entry features a royal liar that was seemingly erased 1985’s Crisis on Infinite Earths?
    ANSWER: Duke of Deception
    YOUR USERNAME: wilkinswontkins

6. What is member @RorschachBeyond’s Favorite Comic Quote?
    ANSWER: None of you seem to understand I’m not locked in here with you,You’re locked in here with me - Rorschach - Watchmen issue 6 (I believe)
    YOUR USERNAME: bat4185113man

7. Which Encyclopedia entry features a character who fell in love with Sayd?
    ANSWER: Ganthet
    YOUR USERNAME: HubCityQuestion

8. In the DC Universe News article “Bane’s 5 Most Humiliating Moments” we discuss his failings as a leader. What issue was this?
    ANSWER: Secret Six #19
    YOUR USERNAME: Nightroia

9. In what DC Universe News article do we give an honorable mention to Lex Luthor’s terrible act of crime?
    ANSWER: Lex Luthor’s 7 Most Convoluted Plans
    YOUR USERNAME: mysterious_stranger

10. Who is member @TheQuestion001’s Favorite “Obscure” Character?
    **ANSWER:**Bobo, Detective Chimp
    **YOUR USERNAME:**ralphsix

11. In the DC Universe News article “Where to Start Reading Batman Comics” it’s mentioned how fans can get an unlockable skin in Batman: Arkham City. What is this skin?
    ANSWER: Tim Sale’s Catwoman
    YOUR USERNAME: ALLLLLI

12. What behind the scenes image does member @Dank show us in the thread “Behind The Scenes Photos”?
    ANSWER: Michelle Pfeiffer on the set of Batman Returns
    **YOUR USERNAME:**caleb_2814

13. In HARLEY QUINN (2013-) #4 Harley is described as crazier than… what?
    ANSWER: Sack o’ rabid monkeys
    YOUR USERNAME: AkBandit

14. In BATMAN ETERNAL (2014-) #14 the Penguin mentioned a character talking about the “Natural Order.” Which character was this?
    ANSWER: Rex Calabrese – The Lion
    YOUR USERNAME: emmarquez0616

15. In the DC Universe News article “Robin’s Many Masks: Damian Wayne” we discuss many moments in the young Wayne’s life. In what issue does he officially reveal himself to the world?
    ANSWER: Batman & Robin #10 2010
    YOUR USERNAME: WonderWoman_85

16. COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS (2005-) #1 mentions that Max has a way of making people feel like… What?
    **ANSWER:**A six-year-old wearing underoos
    **YOUR USERNAME:**Batman0803

17. In Harley Quinn The Animated Series, Poison Ivy finally admits she loves Kite Man to Harley. Tell us the timestamp for this moment.
    ANSWER: Episode 12, “Devil’s Snare”

YOUR USERNAME: HubCityQuestion

18. What GIF does Pretty.Poison.Bombshell use to high-five noyo during the DC Universe All Stars Games S1: E5 Watch-Along? Use the GIF to show us!
    ANSWER: source
    YOUR USERNAME: NYJt3

19. JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY (2018-2019) #7 has a note from Editor Rob Levin about Blackfire’s complicated history with Darkseid. What does it say?
    ANSWER: Darkseid promised Blackfire he would stay gone after she helped him in JLO #5
    YOUR USERNAME: Batman0803

20. In Justice League: Outsiders what is the timestamp for when Violet first comes back to life, in season 3, episode 2?
    **ANSWER:**12:26 ish? Ping!
    YOUR USERNAME: iJest

21. What comic book doppleganger pair does member DarkKnightInWhiteSatin discuss in the thread “Comic Book Dopplegangers”?
    ANSWER: Sting and Constantine
    YOUR USERNAME: crystalinastar

22. This member of the Shazam Family began life as a stuffed doll, at least in the Post-CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS continuity. Link to his encyclopedia entry!
    ANSWER: TAWKY TAWNY Wiki Entry:Tawky Tawny
    YOUR USERNAME: FerroLad

23. This Encyclopedia entry describes how this character underwent two transformations, one when their meta-gene was activated and once when they were bitten by a vampire. Who is it?
    ANSWER:Looker
    YOUR USERNAME: caleb_2814

24. While not native to Atlantis, this character uses hydrokinetic powers to defend it. Link to their encyclopedia entry.
    ANSWER: Mera
    YOUR USERNAME: nightwing615

25. What does member DC89 like to watch for a Pick-Me-Up in the thread Stories For Hope?
    ANSWER: Teen Titans go
    YOUR USERNAME: SuperBlueGrodd

17 Likes

Is this on Saturday, April 11, or Sunday, April 12?

6 Likes

I was ready to let the amateurs have at this one, but you had to go and put a BADGE on the line… count me in.

7 Likes

Ah, erm…looks like I have a graphic to update! It’s Saturday, April 11th :sweat_smile: Thanks, @arkhamassassin!

8 Likes

Count me in, I gotta have that Badge! :grinning:

6 Likes

This sounds like so much fun!

5 Likes

I’m in!

4 Likes

Cracks Knuckles

6 Likes

What if we edit with the wrong answer?

Oy, I’m gonna be so embarrassed. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Alright, here goes nothing…

6 Likes

I need to take a break from Animal Crossing. Scavenger Hunts are it!

6 Likes

Totally fine! You can always re-edit it and put it in the right place :slight_smile:

6 Likes

5 Likes

:mag::monkey::male_detective:‍♂I’m counting down! 20 more minutes to go!:grinning:

6 Likes

@Applejack do we anticipate this will take most of the day? How big is this scavenger list?

4 Likes

One clue per hour… I wonder how many there will be?

4 Likes

There are 25 clues total. Because this is the first time we’re structuring an activity this way, I’m wondering how long it will take, myself! At 1 clue per person per hour, if 25 people answer in the first hour, it’ll be over pretty fast :sweat_smile: But if there is one mystery that is hanging everyone up, it could take a few days!

5 Likes

Im going to be too slow. I can feel it already! Lol​:crossed_fingers:t3:

5 Likes

And I feel you’re going to rock it :metal::sunglasses:

5 Likes

If I don’t get a chance to answer and somebody beat me to it, will I still get the Monkey badge?

5 Likes