Details Revealed About The Crisis on Infinite Earths 100 Page Giant

For a total of two issues, Marv Wolfman and Marc Guggenheim (the overseer of the CW iteration of COIE) will be contributing a brand new 24 page story, along with additional brand new content, in each issue. Per the article, the first issue will be in Walmart stores by December 15th (meaning a debut on the 13th, with full availability by the 15th), with comic stores getting the book a few weeks later.

Full details can be found here.

7 Likes

Really hope the 2 new issues show up on DC Universe. Obviously, this would be great for those watching the crossover. I, myself would totally read this.

1 Like

If the new content is reprinted, it will be at least a year after it’s debut in reprinted form that it would then begin to appear on DCU.

I’ve trimmed down what I’m reading from the Giant line, but these Crisis books are must reads for me, especially since Marv Wolfman is involved in the new lead story.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to try to get this

2 Likes

Big thanks for the heads up, bub. I was there in 85 and i know you were, too. Im gettin these.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I’m happy to spread the news for the Giant line whenever DC actually feels like doing press for it (which they should do more often).

I was a very wee, li’l yute in 85, and not yet into DC. It will be cool to go into a store and buy something new pertaining to COIE right off the shelf though. That’s yet another feather in the caps of these upcoming Crisis Giants.

2 Likes

Heads-up for interested parties, here’s the direct market cover for Crisis Giant #1 (due at comic stores on 1/15/20):

1 Like

That’s no Giant! My Crisis book have over 300 pages! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Now, now friend. Nobody likes an overcompensating braggart. :wink:

1 Like

I know, I’m sorry :upside_down_face:

1 Like

“Sorry”…that’s the Apple speech dealio, right?

snaps fingers

Nope, that’s Siri. Ah well.

@Aquamon These Giants will have new newness that you’re book doesn’t have. So there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

pish posh I say. In my day you destroyed the multiverse once and made due with what you got.

1 Like

That council of Luthor’s though…:hugs:

1 Like

I’m not sure I will get this. I have the original and I have the index as well as the Absolute addition and even the two issues of Legacy that tie into this. I bought Wolfman’s hardcover prose novel. Boy the editing in the last half of that book was non- existant. I don’t have the audio download because too many sources say it has problems. I was excited when I first heard there was going to be a giant but then I found out its not the same story. Its the Arrowverse version and I don’t think I will get it. It doesn’t enhance the original and I am not sure I want another retelling of a new version. I might check it out though when it finally hits this service if we’re both still around.

The adaptation of the CW Crisis features some things not seen in the live-action version, such as Earth-F, which is home to the Fleischer Superman.

Sering him in a comic made me smile ear to ear.