Depression

I just wanted everyone to know that this subscription has helped me through some of the worst depression that I’ve ever had. Having a community here with people who are obsessed with DC also helps. Thanks.

21 Likes

Greenbooks God Bless, hang in there. Glad this wonderful world of superheroes helped you.

4 Likes

Oh I had really bad depression but I didn’t tell them on here so when people use to be mean on here it made me feel really bad but I’m doing better now

3 Likes

You is smart, you is kind, you is important.

Always remember that^

7 Likes

huggles

4 Likes

It takes a lot to come out and say that. Glad you did and glad the community has been able to help. Keep on keeping on and good luck mate

8 Likes

Hope you are doing great. Sucks how many people these days are suffering from depression

6 Likes

Whenever I’m really depressed… like, at my lowest times… when things just won’t seem to get any better, I always read All-Star Superman to help cheer me up. I have framed Superman posters hung up around the house as well. Superman had always given me hope. (And while I’m not trying to shill) I can understand the OP. DC Universe helps me have more access to Superman comics than I otherwise would and all I need do is pick up my phone or turn on the tv.

6 Likes

All-Star Superman has been a huge help to me too!

5 Likes

@GreenBook, my second favorite comic book ever. Helped me a lot too

5 Likes

Much like you, this subscription has helped me as well. Heck! DC comics in general has kept me literally alive. Seeing characters that are majestic, that always fight for others, and just generally are supportive has helped me to see a way that I can exist in this world. I am so glad that you have found a deep connection to DC as well. I love that this community brings us all together. Those of us that may feel like outcasts in our daily lives, but here we can love and respect each other in all of our geeky ways. Those of us with diagnoses can come together in understanding and support over our shared interest in comics. I am glad we are able to help out with your depression. I am so glad you are here @GreenBooks82!

7 Likes

@PrincessAmethyst, I really appreciate that. I agree with everything you say there! Nothing like having another world to escape to. I don’t have a lot of geeky friends so it’s nice to have some here. Although I wish there is a more social media aspect on here.

7 Likes

Pure escapism, yay.

3 Likes

Glad you feel better. Comics can have that effect.

PS. Turn evil, us villains have so much fun

3 Likes

Nah Anti heroes are the best

2 Likes

And anyone and everyone can be a Hero around here.

6 Likes

mashes the group hug key

6 Likes

Part of any continued healing is participation and creative energy. I say you keep it rolling.

5 Likes

@biff_pow, they added group hugs! I thought they were waiting for Community 2.0. Great! Now, just have to try every button until I find it. ^$&=(%[!)×[○♤□♡○₩•♧°♡¿¤》¡`₩~£🙅‍♂️

Was that a hug?:no_good_man::no_good_man::no_good_man::no_good_man::no_good_man::no_good_man:

4 Likes

Also, while we may not be there with you physically, this community will always be there for you. We might all be able to be heroes alone, but together, we can be the Justice League (or maybe the Legion of Superheroes, depending on how much sway we give to Don-El)

4 Likes