Deleted Scene From The Batman Featuring The Joker Released By Matt Reeves

While I was watching the movie last week I noticed that Reeves presented B’Man as somewhat new on the scene but not as though he was only, like, weeks in, say like in Batman: Year One. It felt like this Batman had been in the mix for just under a year or so. In that sense, he def would’ve had time to become acquainted with the other villains as well, including the rekoJ.

10 Likes

Agreed.

9 Likes

That could be a good lead for an Arkham show – this guy focused on trying to keep these dangerous criminals locked up, but probably through the course of the show having his mind broken in the process.

9 Likes

:grinning: :+1:

8 Likes

Yeah, I believe the beginning of the movie shows his journal and it says something like “Year Two.” Which I think was just a great move overall – skips just enough of the standard origin stuff while still keeping him fairly young and inexperienced.

10 Likes

I enjoyed it, but it didn’t quite live up to what I wanna see from Batman and Joker. Not only was it restricted to a single scene, but they didn’t even film it on set together. And that’s all we’re ever gonna get between the 2 of them, whereas the potential between Pattinson and Keoghan is pretty high early on

8 Likes

Agreed. Just so amazed at how solidly Reeves was able to visualize and pay off on all of this. Gotta’ go see this one again for sure. :+1:

9 Likes

In his narration, Bruce says he’s been Batman for two years.

Bale’s Batman had been operating for a year when his Joker showed up, so if Reeves and company want to wait until Year Eight to have their Batman/Joker rumble, I’d be fine with that.

Plenty of time for PattBat to engage Killer Moth with Batgirl at his side, afterall.

6 Likes

Agreed.

A focus on Lock-Up in LA would also likely reinvigorate him in the comics, too.

6 Likes

Been thinking about it and as far as top baddie for the next film goes, I’d like to see Reeve’s script framed around:

And would really dig it if your story idea of the rekoJ was incorporated across this one and the others @arkhamassassin. :+1:

11 Likes

Paging Queen @Razzzcat Mighty @Mae Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx Mr. @biff_pow @TheWifeOfJasonTodd @ejdias.95910 @TheCosmicMoth @TurokSonOfStone1950 @Pow-Pow @Jurisdiction

14 Likes

Paging @millernumber1 @SteveTrevor2.0 @RexRebel @TravisMorgan @chintzybeatnik @mercurie80 @lo_third @c02goddess.16092 @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder @moro

16 Likes

Paging @MisfitCMJ @scoop001 @mccaggers91 @Sean-Malloy

11 Likes

paging-mr-herman-pee-wee-herman

11 Likes

I’ve been summoned:

giphy (20)

12 Likes

should i watch it now or wait until after i see the movie?

giphy_(5)

12 Likes

x. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but interesting Silence of the Bats take :+1:t3: .x

10 Likes

Def wait until after.

I hope I didn’t ruin anything my friend. :pleading_face:

10 Likes

omg you made it so easy. i’m gonna start delegating all my decisions to you if that’s ok please thanks

11 Likes

Crazy rekoJ moments from The Batman. Figured it was worthy of an all-hands alert LadyBat. :smiley: :+1:

10 Likes