Decoding Comments By JL Screenwriter Chris Terrio

Is that a sneak peek at JJ Abrams Justice League?

2 Likes

It was a failed pilot from 1997 or something.

Jar-Jar would never do that. He only copies and pastes existing movies, so he would probably rip-off the Smallville episode “Justice” or something. Great Rao! We are going to see a movie adaptation of the first episode of Superfriends. Marvin and Wendy will be on the team.

5 Likes

Oh, I thought maybe you were uploading an exclusive lol

2 Likes

And, IMO, it’s garbage. So we’re MoS and BvS.

Just because you finally get something doesn’t give it intrinsic value.

As for “almost quitting” over GL. The keyword there is almost, which equates to was willing to make the compromise.

The did a JL movie far to early. They didn’t have the character development through a series of films to support the premise. It was a bad idea from the start, and it shows. Glaringly so.

1 Like

Yeah, no one is to blame but the studio.

1 Like

Then perhaps you need a refresher course in basic addition. The original JL is at least amusingly cute in places, which is the only redeeming feature about either “cut”.

They assumed on their second outing with, Batman versus Superman: Dawn of Justice, that they could just step right into a billion $ payday after they removed 30 minutes of filmin theatrical release. That’s all greed so they could squeeze in more showtimes.

2 Likes

Should have made Aquaman help fight Doomsday. It gives him more of a role, he was there, and he is great with spears.

2 Likes

Oh please. That is a remarkably naive supposition. It takes a hell of a lot of people to make a film. To say “oh, it’s all the studios fault” is a lousy argument. Snyder and the studio had deadlines to meet. Snyder chose not to meet his, the studio decided to meet theirs.

2 Likes

Doomsday would have humbled Aquaman and made him his beeeeeitch.

1 Like

That’s business. Perhaps if ZS understood that, he might have made a better movie.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Like you said earlier they are all about the money. 890 million wasn’t enough for BVS in their eyes.

2 Likes

I didn’t like the movie I seen in theaters in 2017. I do like the Ultimate Edition.

2 Likes

Not when you look at how much they spent making it. It’s ROI. A CMB that doesn’t make a minimum 3.5 ROI is a failure. And they had, arguably the two most well known and beloved comics heroes in it. It should have cleared at least a 4x ROI, probably 5x given that advantage of character brand name recognition.

1 Like

To each their own. You have a right to your opinion. I disagree with it, but that’s my opinion.

2 Likes

Yeah, we are starting to go in circles. I agree with you they should have done it like Marvel and established characters in origin films, but the studio had other ideas. It’s all water under the bridge anyway. The Information is out there, I believe the studio shot themselves in the foot.

3 Likes

What’s a couple of good DC movies?

What’s a couple of good Marvel Movies?

In other words, who’s done it right?

2 Likes

What I’m saying is that there are plenty of bullets and feet to go around. It wasn’t just the “evil corporate suits”.

Hey folks.

What exactly are we arguing here? Seems like a lot of back & forth that really doesn’t add up to much, with all due respect to everyone involved in the discussion.

Snyder’s DC movies were not successes. They most definitely have their audience/fanbase, myself very much included, but that doesn’t make them the end all be all of DC movies. In my mind DC/WB did fans like me (and Snyder and Terrio and everyone involved) a huge solid (so to speak) by releasing ZSJL. For me personally, bashing the company right now, because of what happened with the theatrical cut, or because we’re not getting more just seems extremely petty. Yes I would very much like to see Snyder’s JL2 and JL3, but I think it is very understandable if we never get them. Besides, DC’s output of other stuff right now, on the screen and page, is pretty solid, so I’m a rather satisfied fan.

Why can’t folks just get along :joy:?

6 Likes

It’s not the guys on Wall street’s fault? You don’t reckon the executive’s at Warner are listening to these guys with the money, do you.

1 Like