Decided to Get Into DC Universe Classics

My wallet’s crying but man these figures are awesome.

19 Likes

15 Likes

They all look great!
I really like that Canary :hatched_chick:

5 Likes

I especially like that they went the extra mile and made the plastic cover into a “soundwave” pattern

5 Likes

Waiting on @Vroom to gush :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Great pick-ups!

DCUC remains the best DC action figure-based toyline since Kenner’s Super Powers Collection.

6 Likes

Great pickups. I didn’t have the pleasure of collecting a lot of Mattel (have less than a handful), but I do agree this line is their best stuff. Figures have a lot of character… and the diversity is unparalleled.

5 Likes

The Four Horsemen’s sculpting work is unparalleled as well.

4 Likes

That’s my favorite line. There so nice & as u said pricey. Totally worth it tho in my experience.

4 Likes

What a great start! I used to have a few of those before I downsized my collection. I’ve been debating on getting back into them.

4 Likes

Very nice! Love the Mister Miracle.

4 Likes

Wow wow wow those are classic masterpieces. I bet you did spend a pretty penny on all those, they don’t go cheap online.

4 Likes

Thankfully I did my buying over a couple of months so it’s a little more tolerable, but I definitely need to hold myself back :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I made sure to get the ones I wanted most, I don’t know if I’ll get any more, but looking at the spare pieces for the larger figures makes me want to complete their sets

4 Likes

Those are lovely especially Barda and Question. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Great collection already! Can you believe these originally sold for $10 :tired_face:

And anybody eating their hearts out about these, don’t overlook the more recent Mattel Multiverse figures which are the successors to this series and can be gotten at a discount (for now!)

3 Likes

I’ll definitely be looking into the Multiverse figures, but man seeing the original price and seeing what I paid for them now is jarring. I remember seeing them all the time as a kid, I was never the kind that would ask for toys very often but now I kind of wish I was :weary:

3 Likes

Yeah, i missed out on the original run, too. They were sold in the period where i pretended I was an adult :laughing: luckily I’ve been able to scrounge together most of the ones I want over the years, but hoo boy am I jealous of your Canary!

3 Likes

that Blue Beetle is fire.

2 Likes

I remember when they went from $7.99 at Toys R Us, to $9.99 and then $14.99 in 2011.

I’d love to see a $14.99 price point for 6" collector-grade figures these days.

5 Likes