December's Community Member of the Month: KookieSuperApe!

Well deserved. The amount of effort KSA has gone through to improve this service, whether via creating extensive spreadsheets or ruthlessly hounding us for follow-ups and information, has not gone unnoticed.

Thank you @KookieSuperApe :pray:

27 Likes

Congratulatons, @KookieSuperApe! You have done so much for this community.

Nightwing Thumbs up

21 Likes

Thanks, all! I will be honest, I generally DO NOT like the spotlight to be shown on me. :flushed: But I agreed to do this mainly because of the opportunity that the Community Member of the Month gets to pick some books to feature. I wanted to highlight titles that I enjoyed, but that I feel are often overlooked and underrated. Not all of the books that I picked fall under that category, but most do, I think. Hope you all get some enjoyment out of them! Have a great weekend!

28 Likes

Congratulations!

20 Likes

I like that it shows how we care for others as DC fans, and see what comics the person of the month like. :slightly_smiling_face: Hope you have a great Christmas this month.

19 Likes

Oh, I know. I love and watch wrestling myself, and certainly know that many wrestlers have become actors. I was more surprised about John Cena specifically. His WWE “John Cena” character isn’t exactly the most pathos-inducing in the history of the business (or at least he wasn’t when I started watching about 10 years ago), and he’s mostly taken comedy and action roles in movies up to this point. And his portrayal of Peacemaker in “The Suicide Squad” was fairly surface-level, since he was just one member of an ensemble there and not the lead, so not all that much of the focus was on him, relatively speaking. So, I was impressed by how fully and effectively he was able to carry the show, digging in to the layers of Christopher Smith and bringing the character to life.

Thanks for the glowing recommendation! :rofl: Hey, I love all comics: good, bad, and in-between. Bad comics offer their own sort of entertainment, and I can usually find something to enjoy in them. I’m sure that Act of God will be no different for me. Or at least I hope it won’t.

Of course, now I’m wondering what the worst DC book you’ve read is…

25 Likes

It very well might. It is the worst case of Batman shilling I have ever read, and I am Batman.

I was very vocal about it in your past poll. Heroes in Crisis.

18 Likes

Congratulations @KookieSuperApe - very well-deserved. I would have never guessed that you were a newcomer to comics and your recommendation list is wonderful. :+1:

23 Likes

Congratulations @KookieSuperApe! :partying_face:

21 Likes

𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙶𝚁𝙰𝚃𝚂 @KookieSuperApe!!!

E X C I T E D T O S E E Y O U R S E L E C T I O N S !!!

22 Likes

Congratulations @KookieSuperApe !!!
So excited for you!
:hugs:

18 Likes

Congratulations @KookieSuperApe

19 Likes

:joy: that’s unreal!?!? Nerves of steel not to jump. Had to be a deal where it kept doing it. Sorry, idk the sex of the Gorilla? But it probably did that, & he was Ike… I’ll film it & act like I’m so tough it didn’t even faze me.

18 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

19 Likes

:joy: Cleveland’s own Steve Harvey Glenville High School. He always says don’t let the suit fool u etc etc. He’s not joking, he’s from a rough place for sure…

18 Likes

Congratulations, @KookieSuperApe! :superman_hv_4:

19 Likes

Congrats @KookieSuperApe! Awesome to hear a new person jumping into the DC fandom. One question though: Did you watch the Suicide Squad movie with John Cena and did you like it as much as Peacemaker?

21 Likes

Congrats @KookieSuperApe! You put so much passion into DC and it really shows. Thanks for being an awesome part of our community :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I did. I prefer Peacemaker. One criticism that I have of the James Gunn movies that I’ve seen (“The Suicide Squad” and the “Guardians of the Galaxy” movies) is that, while they’re fun and certainly well made, I ultimately find them kinda… empty. The television series format gave him more time and space to really dig in to the characters, which I appreciate and left me feeling more satisfied, like I’d just had a good meal instead of a snack.

24 Likes

Thanks for sharing all this @KookieSuperApe ! Congratulations!

I also don’t just live in DC Community / HBO Max but also really enjoy Marvel Unlimited as well as Disney+ along with Comixology Unlimited. I’m looking forward to watching Namor / Wakanda Forever when it hits Disney+.

However the only digital games I play regularly as a 68 year old guy are Atari simulations, Solitaire and chess.com LOL.

The artist I liked in Solo was Paul Pope with a really nice solid white background cover.

21 Likes