Debate: What is the BEST DC Live Action movie?

Shazam was horrible , Absolutely loved the dark night Aqua man And Batman vs Superman

The Dark Knight. Itā€™s a great story told with ridiculously detailed sound design and cinematography. It set the bar so high that not even its sequel,The Dark Knight Rises could match it. I love Burtonā€™s Batman, which also executed tremendous sound design and practical effects, but itā€™s not as good in other areas. Superman II is a favorite, but I canā€™t call it objectively as the best.

The Dark Knight and Wonder Woman are 1a and 1b for me

-Man of Steel
-Batman v Superman or Superman Christopher Reeve
-Shazam
-Aquaman
-Wonder Woman

The Dark Knight. No Batman movie has ever captured the true essence of its comic book source as Nolanā€™s film has. Ledgerā€™s portrayal of the Joker was epic. The twists and turns we experienced while watching this film were beyond engaging, because it wasnā€™t just a great comic book film, itā€™s was just a great film period.

I know this isnā€™t a popular opinion, but for me, the most fun Iā€™ve had at a DC movie was Justice League. Now, I know all the controversies surrounding the film. It was Zack Snyder 's project, but later given to Joss Whedon to ā€˜fix.ā€™ This alone was enough to turn away Snyder fans who liked the darker tone of BvS and didnā€™t want another happy go lucky Avengers film. There was the terrible editing of Cavillā€™s mustache in the reshoots, and complaints Stephenwolf looked like a PS4 character.
Maybe it was too ā€œAvengers Liteā€, but I enjoyed the way they came together after Supermanā€™s death in BvS and rallied to defeat Stephenwolf and the parademons. I liked their interactions, their heroic attempts to save people, and the fight against Superman.

I liked Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam too.

At the bottom of my list would be Superman III and IV, Batman and Robin, Green Lantern, Suicide Squad, and Batman vs Superman.

The only Batman movies I liked are Batman '89, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, and Mask of the Phantasm, if I can count animation. The Dark Knight felt more like a Joker movie with an incompetent Batman. So now you can really tell me how bad my opinions are! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is tough to answer. Iā€™ve enjoyed dc films. I would have to say Wonder Woman.

1 Like

@Gleek

Justice League was indeed a very fun movie!

1 Like

Well thatā€™s a tough question. Itā€™s a different conversation or argument whether you are referring the best or favorite. Itā€™s too easy for personal bias to bleed into the best in your own opinion.
With that in mind my favorite and personal opinion best not only DC live action film but film in general; Wonder Woman(2017). What point could I make that I havenā€™t before: the tone is perfect, the cast is perfect and have amazing chemistry with one another, the story is what I always wanted from a Wonder Woman movie embracing the mythology while simultaneously blending in a great period piece film, so much character depth that I have a blog going scene by scene analyzing the character growth in the film, the score is spectacular, the cinematography is fantastic, itā€™s just a perfect film for me and it will be very difficult to knock it off that pedestal.

1 Like

Aquaman, the dark knight, and wonder women

Dark knight ultimately but Iā€™m sucker for old school supermam

1 Like

The original Christopher Reeve Superman. Hands down.

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t give an honest answer to my favorite or the best TBH. But Suicide Squad is the most slept on. Iā€™m not trying to hear about how Jared Leto wasnā€™t a good Joker. That movie is worlds better than its critics let on.

I can tell you which DC movie WILL be my favorite. The first one to portray a truly savage Ed Nigma, like from the war of jokes and riddles.

3 Likes

That picture of Catwomanā€™s reflection in front of the Cat weirds me out, it looks like her head is infused into a giant balloon lol

3 Likes

I choose Shazam!

Iā€™m going to go with Nolanā€™s Batman Begins, but I also really quite liked Shazam!

1 Like

I really like the original Swamp Thing. It is truly an underrated gem. Also Batman ā€˜89.

Wonder Woman
Batman returns

The one that Iā€™ve watched the most, the one that is undoubtedly to best, and the one I want to watch again right now, is the Dark Knight. Itā€™s a cop-out answer, but itā€™s really the only one.

2 Likes

The Dark Knight is my favorite movie of all time, so ill have to choose it, but it really isnā€™t quite fair game to chose it. it is barely a superhero movie. the coolest thing abt the batman is that he is an ordinary citizen standing up for justice where police will not. if batman had superpowers it would take the entire point out of it. and I donā€™t really know if he can count as a superhero if he doesnā€™t have superpowers.

1 Like