Debate: What is the BEST DC Live Action movie?

For me, I still have a lot of love for Watchmen.

4 Likes

The History of Violence, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman

3 Likes

Richard Donnerā€™s Superman. It has a purity to it and, when all is said and done, this movie essentially invented ā€œfan serviceā€ for us. No one looks at anything from that film and goes ā€œHey, THATā€™S not Superman!ā€.

4 Likes

The Dark Knight is the greatest movie of all time. All fall short to the incredible genius of that movie. RIP Heath.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think any DC movie - with the exception of WW - comes close to Dark Knight. It was terrific

1 Like

Pretty much any movie that has a good plot, director, and script. The examples I would use would be The Dark Knight, Man of Steel (even though Superman kills someone), Aquaman, and Wonder Woman (although I was underwhelmed with the guy that played Aries) these movies had some really good portrayls of the characters involved. Dark Knight had the joker, which I still think is probably the best. And the rest had their takes on the Protagonists along with the antagonists. As long as the people involved have a good vision and stick to it they come out fantastic.

1 Like

The first and still the bestā€“Superman: The Movie.

1 Like

I think the one I watch the most is Batman vs Superman. I love me a montage especially when itā€™s Batman getting ready to pick a fight. And The dark Knight returns is probably my favorite story ( I know itā€™s not the same but definitely took some story from). But as for being the best DC movie I donā€™t know if I can really pick. I mean the first Batman movie is why Iā€™m here today. I donā€™t mind saying it but when Wonder Woman was charging across enemy lines kicking ass and taking names I was crying like a 6 year old with a scraped knee. Would we have any super hero movies if the first Superman movie didnā€™t come along and blow everyoneā€™s tits off? I mean come on you canā€™t just pick one.

2 Likes

Seriously, the level of acting in the Dark Knight canā€™t be beat.

3 Likes

Batman Returns is my favorite

1 Like

I loved Man Of Steel. Henry embodies the role and what it means to be so well. And Michael Shannon was an outstanding Zod.

I also liked liked BvS and I know it will get me some raised eyebrows, but I do not care because the unrated version was great. And there was some good quotes in it too.

2 Likes

Have to be The Dark knight and the sadly underrated Man of Steel

1 Like

Canā€™t deny the oldies but goodies. The Dark Knight series is some serious awesome in a small package. But without the original Batman series where would the Dark Knight series be?

Now if weā€™re going new new movies Iā€™d have to say itā€™s stuck between Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I wasnā€™t a huge fan of Justice League or its prelude Batman vs Superman. It seemed to be lacking the amazing plot that Wonder Woman and Aquaman has, and without a good plot there is not great movie.

1 Like

@Gibby Stop motion animation is still a form of animation.

I do wonder what a live action Kego movie would be like. Besides blocky.

2 Likes

The Dark Knightā€™s acting cannot be beatā€¦

The Dark Knightā€™s story and characters are bottom of the packā€¦ and they should stay there. The Joker just isnā€™t the Joker, Constipated Batman isnā€™t Batman.

Give Bruce some beans Alfred!!!

Also, Bruce doesnā€™t have a lisp but one of his villains do so maybe that will validate it for some.

1 Like

Batman vs Superman

1 Like

Dark knight, Batman begins, Batman 89, Batman Returns, Aquaman, Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Shazam, B vs S, JL

In that order

1 Like

SHAZAM And Dark Knight for me I love the classic Tim Burton Batmanā€™s But those are just in a league of their own .

I would have to say that the movie I have watched the most would be Batman 1989. I was working at the Cinedome in my hometown when it was released so I got to see it about 30 times and I own a copy of it!

I would have to say that the movie I have watched the most would be Batman 1989. I was working at the Cinedome in my hometown when it was released so I got to see it about 30 times and I own a copy of it!