Deathstroke Inc. Discussion Thread (Possible Spoilers)

I enjoyed # 7 - the art was an improvement over recent issues so that helped. The Respawn reveal was pretty interesting - I enjoyed the bit of Slade assuming it was Damian.

2 Likes

Interesting.

I would hope Canary isnā€™t out of the picture. This series has been her best book since the Rebirth volume of Green Arrow.

Plus, her and Slade have a good dynamic which, for me at least, has been the heart of the series to this point.

Agreed, as Iā€™m digging all of those.

My top 5 right now looks a liā€™l summinā€™ like this:

• Worldā€™s Finest
  • Nightwing
  • Action Comics
  • Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl (its only two issues, but #1 was rad)
  • Deathstroke Inc.

Honorable Mentions: Aquamen and Batgirls.

2 Likes

I hope you are right! I agree, she has been great in this series. Maybe my fears are unfounded and issue 7 didnā€™t really have room for her in the story.

2 Likes

Maybe she just needed a Me Day. :grin:

2 Likes

Speaking of Black Canary, I finally finished the Rucka Superman books. I know, I know, a different threadā€¦ However, the Sin City Black Canary might be my favorite Little Birdie that I have seen.

2 Likes

What do we think of the Year One arc?

Iā€™m currently reading Shadow War, but afterward, Iā€™m definitely interested to see what Year One will entail.

1 Like

Honestly, after Priestā€™s flashbacks, it feels unnecessary. Itā€™s well done for sure, but it doesnā€™t equal and defintiely doesnā€™t surpass the Rebirth run. But to be fair, very few things do, in my heart!

1 Like

Honestly, I dropped this title which is a shame because I really loved it when it first came out. Once it became a Deathstroke book and not the original team with Black Canary, I stopped after Shadow War.

1 Like

I admit, Iā€™m not overly interested in another Year One story (theyā€™re kind-of played-out ATM), but IDKā€¦Dexter Soy on art got me interested in what Sladeā€™s newest origin would be like.

1 Like

I adore Year Ones. Though Superman and this one are a bit of a letdown. But Wonder Woman Year One was fantastic! And I would giveā€¦much money for a Spoiler Year One (I know thatā€™s silly because sheā€™s already gotten two origin stories, butā€¦a Steph fan can dream, canā€™t he? ) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Generally-speaking, I love Year One tales as well (especially the Year One Annuals from 1995), but when I saw YO was the next step for DI to walk upon, I thought ā€œHmmmā€¦donā€™t know about that one.ā€

To paraphrase Gordon Gecko, dreamsā€¦are good. Dreamsā€¦work.

2 Likes