Death Metal is Almost Here! What Are Your Favorite Metal Songs?

If we got any Metal fans out here lets get hyped by sharing our favorite songs, albums and bands!
My first Metal album was Nightfall in Middle Earth by Blind Guardian. Since then moved on to bands such as Dream Theater, Dragon Force, Unleash the Archers, Sabaton, Stradivarius, and many more.
Dark Nights: Metal was one of my favorite comics DC has done in years, I can’t wait for the sequel!
I just discovered the album Visions by Stradivarius and it is nearly perfect in every way. I highly recommend anyone interested in music listens to it.

6 Likes

Metallica Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, Cliff em/Kill em all, & And (lol) Justice for All full albums. GNR Appetite for Destruction (I bought it day it was released, may not be considered hard now, in the 80’s, that was as hard as it gets still holds up),
Songs. Iron Maiden:Run to the Hills.
Pantera:Walk. Cemetery Gates.
Ministry:NWO.
System of a Down: All.
Megadeath: Peace Sells but who’s Buying?
Slipknot: Spit it Out.
Marilyn Manson: The Beautiful People & Dope Show.
Black Sabbath: War Pigs.
Rammstein: Du Hast.
Disturbed:Down With the Sickness.
Alice In Chains: Grind, Down in a Hole, Them Bones. Tons More.
Nirvana: Lithium, Territorial Pissings, lots more.
King Diamond all.
Korn too many lol.
Lingua Ignota: Do You Doubt Me Traitor.
Smashing Pumpkins: Zero.Bullet with Butterfly Wings.
More that will come to me I’m sure.

7 Likes

Haven’t heard of several of these! I’ll be doing some research tonight!

1 Like

I’m old’ish lol.

1 Like

On Appetite For Destruction GNR. Listen to all the non radio hits like Paradise City, Sweet Child etc. those are good for what they are. My Michelle & It’s So Easy etc. are where it’s at. Basically, the whole album, minus anyone you’ve heard of. Check the lyrics too, incredible.

3 Likes

My experience with GNR is very much limited to what was on the radio. Many of the bands you suggested are more mainstream than my usual playlist. Not a bad thing though! I’ve been needing reason to check them out.

1 Like

Trust me. Nothing against the radio hits. The rest of the album is hard. Especially considering it came out in the 80’s. I love all genres of music. Speaking of heavy for 80’s check out Body Count. The song Body Count especially from the album with the same name.

3 Likes

Would Tool be considered metal? Definetly check out Tool

3 Likes

Also the first few Disturbed albums are full of gems

2 Likes

Metallica’s Enter Sandman, but only the Chipmunks cover version.

6 Likes

I haven’t listened to to much Tool but what I have listened to is pretty cool!

1 Like

I have way too many favorite albums to list, but I can list some of my favorite bands:

Tarot
Nightwish
Riverside
Anathema
Katatonia
Sonata Arctica
Epica
Delain
Within Temptation
Halestorm
Apocalyptica
Kamelot
Paradise Lost

Don’t make me keep listing…I will be here all night :rofl:

5 Likes

Lots of great bands on that list! What’s your favorite Nightwish song!

1 Like

That is a really hard choice. I can’t name just one but some favorite Nightwish songs are:

Ever Dream
Sleeping Sun
Dead To The World
Dead Boy’s Poem
Slaying The Dreamer
Feel For You
The Islander
The Crow The Owl & The Dove
Turn Loose The Mermaids

3 Likes

Have you checked out the new singles yet? Noise is amazing!

1 Like

Yes. Did you see the video for Ad Astra? Try not to get teary eyed at the spoken part at the beginning :sob:

2 Likes

I missed this! I wonder if the full release will be longer because its good but the music bits way to short!

1 Like

The entire second disk is one long song, Ad Astra is just the final part.

2 Likes

Wow! I thought The Greatest Show on Earth was a long song lol
Now my hype levels are even higher!

1 Like

I’m also quite interested in seeing how the new Katatonia album comes out. I’m really liking the two tracks I have heard.

2 Likes