Death meatal

Who’s ready for death meatal

6 Likes

“Meatal”?

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion here: I think the Metal stuff is the worst storytelling that DC has done in a long bit. The whole Dark Metal Universe is unnecessary and uninteresting to me, and sadly has infiltrated most of DCs output for a couple of years now.

2 Likes

Batman will be in a moving castle, leading a resistance army of the undead, and using a Black Lantern ring.
I am SO here for this!

6 Likes

It took me a second to realize we weren’t talking about AC/DC. I honestly don’t know.

(The best I could do DC on short notice)

1 Like

I’m hyped!

2 Likes

I see where you come from. I, personally, love all things Multiverse. In fact, I like the Multiverse and Crises more than any other DC property. Whether its COIE or Elseworlds, or Dark Metal, I. Am. In.

3 Likes

Wonder Woman has a chainsaw with the lasso of truth as the pull cord. Heck Yeah!

5 Likes

I don’t mind the multiverse, but this story is too nonsensical for its own good.

2 Likes

Did anyone new they did a soundtrack for metal?

1 Like
1 Like

This one?

2 Likes

I’m now thinking we need a new series called DC Death Meat.

3 Likes

Again, I can see where you come from but, too be honest, aren’t many stories…nonsensical?
Future’s End: 30 years in the future a satellite takes over the world. So a man goes back in time, but is 5 years too late, due to his WEIGHT.
Batman: Tries to make sense of a nonsense world by beating people up as a bat.
Flash (1940-): Got super speed from car fumes.
Identity Crisis: Atom’s ex starts offing super-family members to get her hubby back.
Etc. Etc. E. T. C.

When you think about it, nonsense is what makes every story more engaging. You don’t know what is going to happen.

2 Likes

All of those examples…except maybe the Flash, are nonsense but in their own way they make “sense”. Metal - and this might just be me - makes NO sense. There was this metal around from the beginning…It’s tied into Nth Metal? It is from a Dark Multiverse? It makes Hawkman’s continuity any less confusing.

The ONLY storyline that I think is more overwrought than the Metal storyline is the DOOM storyline in JLA. You want to talk about decompression? That storyline is still going on 3(?) years later?

It sounds awesome so far. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

I’m in for more headbanging badassery from Snyder and Capullo. This one’s going to 11 and then some.

:metal: :guitar: :speaker:

5 Likes

I like these stories. They are cool. TBWL is the first character I’ve ever read about that is someone I would actually be afraid of in real life.

5 Likes

Metal is the worst thing I’ve read in a very long time.

1 Like

Sometimes I want me a comic book that makes sense. Sometimes I just want me a freakin awesome looking book with insanity and mayhem that doesn’t necessarily have to make sense. It’s called DEATH METAL, Batman has a scythe, and Superman has long hair and Darkseid’s arm (?). I’m totally in.

4 Likes