Dear Sam Humphries

You know those little boxes at the bottom of pages on Amazon: ‘Was this review helpful’? Well, I thought you’d like to know that your time on DC Daily has been helpful.

Tomorrow, I plan to purchase a copy of Dial H For Hero #1 purely based on your appearances on DCU’s favorite fandom-focused series.

I mean, I have a smidgen of nostalgia for the IP - my first issue of Plastic Man introduced me to Robby Reed way back in 1976, after all. And I certainly remember submitting my own heroes to DC in the early 1980’s for that iteration of the book. But in the end, I’m not all that attached to the mythology of the Dial.

I do, however, like to follow certain creators. So keep up the good work, you have a new fan! :grinning:

12 Likes

All of the Wonder Comics titles have been really good so far, I have high hopes for Dial H

3 Likes

Sam Humphries also wrote my all time favorite GL run, the “Green Lanterns” Rebirth series. It was so cool to get to talk to him about it yesterday. If you haven’t read it, check it out!

6 Likes

Agreed with the both of you.

Green Lanterns was a Rebirth launch fave, and all of BMB’s Wonder Comics Imprint books have been great. That’s one of the reasons the decision to pick up Dial H would have been a difficult one - I’ve already picked up three new monthly books; a fourth would be pushing it.

But since a certain DC Daily host is involved … sold!

5 Likes

Update: It was really good. :+1:

2 Likes

Big mood here! I’m planning to pickup Dial H and maybe other titles I can find by him as well. I love hearing the opinions and commentary of the Daily cast, Mr. Humphries included ;}

I stand by my Stan!