Dear DC Diary

I read more Justice Society.

4 Likes

No, it’s cosplayers showing their admiration for their heroes.

3 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Dear DC diary,

I kind of want to believe writer John Ridley has this editorial condition in place where nobody can really write about Jace Fox as Batman besides him because I found it shocking, I could actually name only one writer Joshua Williamson who’s technically written the second most about Jace Fox because of his appearances in Williamson books; Future State: Justice League, Future State: Gotham, and Dark Crisis.

Compared to the new future state characters like Yara-flor and Jess Chambers who have more of a spotlight in other stories, Jace’s Batman is practically ignored by other DC writers.

5 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

This is the true history;

xogVERTIGOlogox

Look for it on all your hardcovers and collected trades to avoid the gaslight and revisionism. Avoid Wack reLabel (s).

#karen-berger #vertigo #art

4 Likes

Dear DC Journal,

I feel like more comic fans should quit using the typical examples of Watchmen, Maus, V For Vendetta, The Dark Knight Returns, and Batman: Year One in order to attempt to validate comics as a medium. Not that I think those are bad comics, rather, I think limiting praise to ten or so comics instead of the medium as a whole kind of reinforces the fairly common misconception that there are exceptions to comics just being juvenile entertainment, and not the fact that they are just as valid of a medium as film or literature.

6 Likes

Exactly. 2/3 it’s always the darkest stories that get recommendations for newcomers.

How about some more positive things to mention. Something that shows why people are attracted to this medium.

Flash for example has so many great stories to pull from but unfortunately a lot just hear about Flash because of Flashpoint. A dark take on the DC Universe.

5 Likes

Dark stories are what attracted me to comics, I guess I did read some Spider-Man whenever I first got in the comics that I enjoyed a lot but my favorite comics were and always will be Batman and his stories of course can be quite dark.

6 Likes

7 Likes

Dear DC diary,
I was standing outside walking my dog and scrolling through Pinterest and when I saw this I immediately threw my phone and then I had to walk around for several minutes looking for it because it was dark and I had thrown my phone quite far anyways this:

Why was this made. Why. My brain doesn’t know how to react to this.
Scott Pilgrimified Gotham was not a thing I needed actually

5 Likes

I think admitting to one’s own faults is an important skill to have.

With that out of the way this post was awful.

6 Likes

it was okay but no batman movie will ever be great until it has his family and not just one robin that looks like he’s 25

3 Likes

you were right about it always being the same ones though
when I started I just picked a book I didn’t worry about what others thought

1 Like

This is so cute! :heart_eyes::sob:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Dear DC Journal,

I recently read The Killing Joke for the first time. It wasn’t perfect, but it was honestly pretty good, and better than I expected it to be. I especially loved the pacing.

9 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

7 Likes

Happy birthday @biff_pow! :partying_face:

tumblr_pcr4xzto4Y1tgo8o0o1_500

batconfetti

6 Likes

Happy birthday @biff_pow

7 Likes