Dear DC Diary

That is Superman Returns

1 Like

Well, I know younger DC fans will point out how The Batman version of Bruce Wayne wore dark eyeshadow and gave Alfred the “You’re not my dad!” when he comes into his dark gritty room and turned down his Nirvana… does that remind you of a certain archetype that is associated with young people? :joy:

But for real though, it does seem like each new generation of Batman solo movies (notice how I used the term solo there) gets darker each time. Batman '66 is like a literal ball of sunshine, which Batman '89 was darker in comparison, and The Batman 2022 was just straight up filmed in the dark and during a time where we aren’t afraid of Dead Dove: Do Not Eat on camera and having an “F” word or two in Hollywood movies (not saying that’s what Batman 2022 was, just saying that it’s from this time period in film history).

5 Likes

Personally, I loved it. Batman was hot, Catwoman was hot, and I was completely roped in and fully immersed in it at the theater (similar to what @basicallytimdrake said because I also have that attention span issue)

My only complaint was that Riddler was not Riddler, he was an incel on the dark emo version of Twitch. But then again, lately I’ve had such a high bar on what the perfect Riddler is, so, it’s more of a minor critique.

5 Likes

this was another plus for the movie. almost every scene includes one or both of them, and there has never been a hotter batman than robert pattinson and there has never been a hotter catwoman than zoë kravitz. (also imo, paul dano’s riddler is also attractive) so even if you think the plot is boring or whatever, you could just tune out all dialogue and observe one of the hottest film casts ever for three hours.

5 Likes

I saw The Batman and thought it was a pretty good movie. I don’t watch an awful lot of movies and I think I enjoy them more than people who watch a lot of movies since I have lower expectations.

I also enjoyed Batman vs Superman and Catwoman so there’s that…. :laughing:

7 Likes

Or even Slam Bradley, Speed Saunders or a Human Target movie. Heck, how about Nathaniel Dusk as a period piece.

5 Likes

I read more Justice Society.
J6

5 Likes

He’s a Bob :flushed:

He’s a . . . same as always. :grin: :smile:

5 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

The world of navigating pre-orders of single issues online is confusing. Variants, cut-off dates, shipping cycles. This is not to mention the space needed for collecting multiple covers. After my experience for the past few months, I think I’m going to go back to just Superman trades/hardcovers for the physical collection.

On digital, Amazon have really ruined the comics discovery process. The other day I searched their Comixology portal for “Transformers”, and the search result included wall plugs for small electronics. Go ■■■■■■■ figure. Thinking about switching platforms to Apple for the few ongoings I’m current on.

Thank God for DCUI Ultra. I wish IDW and Image would offer similar services. I would probably give them a go.

2 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

When… a girl has interests in… certain villians, she might start seeking out content with certain versions of that character she likes. So… when I’m not watching Gotham, I dive into let’s plays of the Batman Arkham games on YouTube… yep :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

@Daredevil is right, DC. Please make Tim Drake a tea guy.

5 Likes

I second this.

3 Likes

Dear Journal

I think I’ve been converted from pro trunks to anti trunks on Superman, this Superman costume design is cool as heck.

4 Likes

Interesting concept. I think if the costume was a smidgen looser, with a wrinkle here or there, it would go better with the utilitarian design.

5 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

There’s an unlicensed LGBT Joker movie I’ve never heard of

How

4 Likes

I’m surprised I never heard of this and I want to watch it right now

4 Likes

Me too! It sounds really interesting

3 Likes