Dear DC Diary

I saw this a few days back and I gotta’ be honest- my eyes welled up a bit with the tears. Just to be able to see (almost all of) live action BG in her absolutely wonderful costume is one of the most amazing and yet one of the most bittersweet experiences in all of my years of fandom.

7 Likes

I want so bad

6 Likes

I read more Justice Society.

6 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

I just had a sudden realization. It looked something like this:

A while ago I impulsively bought Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibuses 1-4 and then immediately shelved them (spoiler: they look real nice. See below). I have read all of the Golden Age WW comics on DCUI and I thought the omnibuses were the same material, so I was in no rush to read them.

I started reading the omnibuses recently and I have almost finished volume 2. I just compared the material on DCUI with the omnibuses and found that the DCUI material is exactly the same as the first two omnibuses. This includes All-Star Comics #8, Wonder Woman 1-15, Sensation Comics 1-48, Comic Cavalcade 1-13, and the Big All-American Comic book 1.

DCUI does not have the issues from omnibuses 3 and 4. I have never read any of that material. This. Is. All. New. Material. For. Me.

My reaction to this:

2eaade443ba4c399da5d7c40fa6d2f0585c65fe2_00

I now have two omnibuses worth of my beloved Golden Age Wonder Woman stories that I have never seen before!

I am as excited about it as this radio program:

I would be mad at myself for not paying attention to the omnibuses when I bought them, but I am very excited about reading all of this new material so I forgive my past self for being silly.

Now for some more Golden Age madness:

You don’t get scenes like that in the modern era, that’s for sure! :laughing:

8 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

:purple_heart:

5 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

It’s 1am and I’m tired enough to write to you.

For myself and really only myself I’ve been writing a Enchantress story. It basically retelling her origins in Strange Adventures with more story and characters. I made the relationship between June and the witch to be more dysfunctional and not parasitic or toxic as both work together to battle the forces of evil.

Dzamor the giant head who bestowed the power to June is not a evil demon but rather just a disfigured wizard banished to the underworld who genuinely believes the witch and her powers can be used for good. Essentially this story is about Enchantress redemption and June Moone self-discovery of independence and empowerment.

I have the idea to make Enchantress the witch less villainous to be more tragic and sympathetic. I thought one way to do that is to give her a origin.

(Which I can describe what that origin is but unfortunately it’s a little long and I fear that moderators might think it’s fan fiction if I get into too many details)

6 Likes

6 Likes

Might I recommend this thread for all your writing needs?

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/the-writers-iceberg-thoughts-and-polls/1511913

7 Likes

Thank you.

4 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Why are there a lot of hot DC characters? Like, why they gotta do this to me?

8 Likes

5 Likes

I ask the same question with almost every new DC series/show/movie I watch/read

6 Likes

me to

3 Likes

6 Likes

How much Justice Society have you read?

5 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

Dear DC Journal,

Please release Superman and Lois: Ignition, DC.

1 Like

So all of them?

4 Likes

Yes.

4 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

i finally watched The Batman. We’ve reached maximum gritty groundedness. it’s a generic suspense thriller with a guy dressed kind of like Batman in it. The only place to go from here is for Batman to dress in plainclothes.

I look forward to Rick Batman, Private Eye, against his arch nemesis, the notorious criminal with an unfortunate birth defect who laughs sometimes, Robert Joker.

It will be 7 hours long.

9 Likes