Dear DC Diary

I read more Justice Society.

5 Likes

dear dc diary
i’m rewatching teen titans vs the justice league
this movie is kind of a mess.

4 Likes

I have to agree, and the title is a complete lie, but it has some funny moments, DCAMU Damian finally losing, and some good fights. It is a poor movie that has some good qualities.

5 Likes

I read more Justice Society.

5 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

going through my phone, found these images made with the DC Universe app way back when

shockingly none of mine made it into the real-world ad campaign, but still, good times

9 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

alright, i guess i’ll stop hating John Cena

until he does something annoying

6 Likes

I read more Justice Society

2 Likes

Dear DC Diary,
Yesterday I treated myself to a comic shopping spree with my friend Johnny (who’s more of a Marvel dude and loaded up on Wolverine). I got a copy of All-Star Superman, which I started reading. It’s really wonderful, and I absolutely live for Clark and Lois’ relationship. I also got Green Lantern: the day the stars fell at an employee’s recommendation. I’m putting my fate in Grant Morrison’s hand, so they better not let me down. I also started watching JLU in its intended order last night (I confess I used to mostly jump around and watch episodes featuring my favorite characters). So far, I’m enjoying it. I really did not care for Kara upon first viewing, but she’s growing on me, and I like her dynamic with Ollie and The Question. Speaking of, love The Question, REALLY wish he didn’t use the language of antisemitic conspiracy theorists (the whole “cabal of power people running the world” thing). I highly doubt this was intentional on the writers part but it made me very uncomfy. Other than that, I’m really enjoying it. It’s a lot faster paced than Justice League and the tone feels more like a mystery or thriller, which I really dig. Also, surprisingly progressive, and I appreciate them not turning Ollie into a caricature of leftists.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

This day is here once again… :eyes:

I wonder what Master Bruce did end up eating for breakfast? :thinking:

He probably had Alfred’s world famous cucumber sandwiches for lunch though… :joy:

:batparrot: :service_dog: :older_man:

5 Likes

I ate bat shaped cereal.

5 Likes

Dear DC Diary,
Remind me to stop watching Young Justice around my grandmas, because now all they want to do is quote an episode we watched together, but incorrectly, because they know it annoys me. The episode was Bloodlines, and from the first time Bart said ‘crash’ my gmas have also been saying crash, but like i said, in all the wrong ways. One of them said that she was “crashing some breakfast” and the other said that the soccer team she likes was ‘crashing at the finals’. And it really isnt thatttt bothersome but whateverrr.Thats all, i think.

7 Likes

That’s so sweet :joy:

8 Likes

This will be a treasured memory for sure.

6 Likes

The only thing I can say is stop reacting to it in front of them and they will let it go. It’s not fun to mess with people if there’s no payoff, aka your reaction.

2 Likes

dear dc diary,
i did not intend to post here twice today, but omigod, i have DC things to talk about.
so, i couldn’t get my hands on a copy of tim drake: robin today, and that is driving me insane because i NeEd to know what happens, and i’ve also been avoiding spoilers, BUT I ran across this on accident. (i’ll blur in case there’s someone who hasn’t read it also hates spoilers)

I have 1 million things to say.
is tHAt really the design they went with for tim? i mean, I know tim drake’s hair has had some… interesting hairstyles, but like, WhAT. second, I do like the art style other than that, I think. my third point, and the last one I’ll mention here, OH MY GOD LOOKIT BERNARD. I simply cannot process it. the outfit, the improved hair, that hug too adorable for this d a m n world in the bottom middle of the page- I QuiT. i don’t know what I quit, but I quit. i simply cannot process my emotions at this point in time. LOOK AT THAT TRUCKING OUTFIT. ohmylord. i can’t.
if I don’t end this now I’ll spend the next thirty minutes writing a 15-paragraph essay about how I feel about b in this one page spoiler.
so that’s all b y e

2 Likes

I think it’s nice they have taken an interest in the show maybe show them
episodes or other superhero shows with stories they find interesting they might become
fans to

2 Likes

anytime i watch superhero shows around them they spend the whole time making fun of them lol
they’ve seen a lot of young justice, teen titans & teen titans go, harley quinn, batman the animated series, and a bunch of assorted movies
they have not just sat down and enjoyed a single one :rofl:

2 Likes

dear dc diary
i got my aunt to start reading wayne family adventures.
her favorites so far are better and brighter pt 1 & 2, opening up pt 1 & 2, and unaccompanied
I am slowly but surely turning everyone I can into a dc fan
maniacal laughter

3 Likes

yay

2 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Screenshot_2022-10-05_15-09-43

maya-rudolph-beyonce-panic-hot-wings-worried-scared-snl-saturday-night-live

actually that’s been my reaction every time anything DC-related has trended over the past few years

6 Likes