Dear DC Diary

Ooooohhh!

Oh, never mind.

Ooooooohhhh!

Oh, never mind.

These are the thoughts that went through my head as I read that post. :laughing:

I mean don’t get me wrong- I love the Trinity- I just happen to love 1/3 of it way more, and especially from when it all began. :00_wonder_woman_stars:

4 Likes

I definitely cannot judge. I have no idea what to expect from Wonder Woman 3, except it should keep my attention.

3 Likes

:joy_cat:

3 Likes

Same here, but with a different preference, obviously :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I read more Justice Society

2 Likes

I read more Justice Society

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

My small single issue comic collection is slowly growing. I’ve managed to fill 2/3 of a short box. Just acquired all the decades variants for Action Comics #1000. The seller didn’t send them individually bagged & boarded. I bought my own bags & boards, and used them to protect the new purchases and a few other comics I had laying around (pack-ins with figures & such). Didn’t know that bagging comics can be somewhat of a soothing/relaxing activity.

Side note: While I was at it, I finally read the Black Adam comic that came with the Page Punchers figure. It portrays the character as more of a hero than a villain, and has him working with the Justice League. It’s actually a fun read; I recommend it!

2 Likes

Ask Alfred for help.

2 Likes

what was i supposed to say
“hey alfred I’m sewing a f ing batman quilt and I suck at ironing will you press my seams?”
no
that would have been weird

Language son.

2 Likes

mY bad

1 Like

Dear DC Diary,

6 Likes

Dear DC Diary… :notebook:

It’s been a while since I’ve been around… :flushed:

Super thread @moro, thank you for creating it! :superman_hv_3:

Work has been keeping me pretty busy. :face_exhaling:

Although… I have at least been able to dive into the vast DC Universe time and again to get my mind off of that for a bit. :smiley:

I had started, what seems like so long ago, when DCUI first came to be from DCU reading through as many Rebirth titles that I could. :books:

Safe to say I’ve kept it up going from what was the year 2016 to now 2018 in this era. :joy:

Although I am kind of sad some series that I’ve quite enjoyed ended in 2018… :pensive:

Recently finished reading through The Trinity during the Rebirth era. :superman: :wonderwoman: :batman:

Very interesting set of stories to conclude it… :thinking:

@SteveTrevor2.0 some things happened to you… :sweat_smile: :eyes:

See from No. 17 to its conclusion in No. 22 if you get a chance. :smiley:

I also find this to be a quite calming work of art. Thank you Jorge Jimenez. :sunglasses: :+1:

So much I may have that as my login picture for my computer… :rofl:

Can’t believe I’ll be reading Actions Comics 1001 (and beyond) soon. :astonished:

Well… I guess that is it for now DC Diary since it’s pretty late for me now :sweat_smile:. :notebook:

I will conclude with one of my favorite quotes from The Flash then…

:flash_hv_1: “Every second is a gift.”

Till next time DC Diary. :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

First off, glad you’re back! Second, you’re very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:. Like I said, the Iceberg Lounge thread was the inspiration.

You’re reading all of Rebirth? If so, you’re about to hit one of my favorite Superman runs (Bendis on Action Comics and Superman, especially his work with Reis on the Superman ongoing). It gets some negative attention online, but I think it’s great.

I remember really enjoying this series, though don’t remember how it ended (typical me). Wish they would bring it back.

Indeed! Looking forward to your next updates :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Welcome back!

I enjoyed reading trinity. Would like to more of that sort of thing around.

2 Likes

Thanks! :clark_hv_4:

Ah, that’s cool. :sunglasses: :+1:

I don’t believe I’ve seen that Iceberg Lounge thread. :sweat_smile:

I’d say it is pretty close as I found a list that goes through the whole Rebirth era and have picked out a lot from it in reading the descriptions and looking at some of the art of each series… I may of taken some out as I have created a list that has all of the books I’m currently reading.

I think it was somewhere around the high 40’s to close to fifty when I first started… Although now I’m at 28 so… Progress! :joy:

Oh nice. :smiley:

Yeah I only know of one thing about it that I’m kind of hesitant about… Clark’s identity reveal… It’s not something that I like, but maybe when I get to the context of it maybe it will be alright, or I’ll just say well… On to the next book, and at least I gave it a fair chance. :sweat_smile:

Oh yeah… Here is a refresher where things like this do also wish it returned as well. :superman: :wonderwoman: :batman:

1 Like

Thanks Steve. :sunglasses:

Oh nice! :clark_hv_4:

So you do know about this… :smile:

2 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Just finished Dear Detective by Lee Bermejo. While the “story” connecting this collection of covers is fairly simple, the book is still a stunning masterpiece. Highly recommended for Batman fans, and art fans in general.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

I surprised myself in seeing how much I knew about Harley Quinn in taking this quiz last night. :harley_hv_1:

Usually I don’t fare as well from past experiences in quizzes I’ve taken… :sweat_smile:

Although… I’m happy to learn more and more about the vast variety of characters found in the DC Universe. Always. :clark_hv_4:

So Happy Birthday Harley. :tada: :harley_classichqtas: :birthday: :tada:

And… If anyone asks… Harley is 21… :eyes:

Yeah… 21… :joy:

6 Likes

Dear DC Diary,
@ajm08g is being modest. :face_with_monocle: He did a great job on the bonus round. :harleys_crew:

Like this :point_up_2:

Ps. I’m reading Nice House on the Lake finally. :books: :dc:

7 Likes