Dear DC Diary

Maybe somebody was really persistent in asking like how I keep bugging them evilly for JSA All-Stars

2 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Stumbled upon this interview. Mind a bit blown by Margot Kidder’s candidness.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

i’ve been binging videos of this pro wrestler named Danhausen even though i don’t watch wrestling and i have no idea how i heard about him but he based his persona partly on the Joker (funny cartoon Joker not serious movie Joker) and it turns out he collects DC action figures (among many others)

worlds collide! unfortunately he doesn’t say anything about them, he literally just unpacks them and then moves on :laughing:

4 Likes

I read more Justice Society.

4 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Ooooooooooooof

A simple story written by this reporter about Kiersey Clemons being cast for a Flash stand-alone movie also incurred the wrath of the collective just days before the Snyder Cut release in March 2021. Snyder called to say he wanted several sentences from the story removed. “I’m just telling you what the fans are going to do. Trust me, they are pretty, pretty, pretty rough,” he warned.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t be a surprise with how much Snyder kept supporting calls for hatred against so many people.

3 Likes

it sure doesn’t look good

2 Likes

A friend told me about this. I was skeptical, not knowing what website made the claim.

Seeing the article was from Rolling Stone, I thought, “Yeah, this is a real thing.”.

1 Like

it’s strange to me that it leads with the “bots” allegation, when that’s the least explosive thing in the article.

2 Likes

Dear DC Journal,

All this talk about Zack Snyder reminded me of this tweet.

1 Like

I only very lightly skimmed through this, because… meh. Much as I am a fan of the Snyder movies, I really dislike that so much of the discussions and articles surrounding them is about the director and the “hashtag”.

I really wish WB would get their act together; make some good movies with broad appeal, and up your PR game.

3 Likes

Dear DC Diary,

Stopped by the LCS to pick up issue 3 of Rogues. It’s nice to see Sam Simeon again, and to have him play a significant role in the story. The heist has gone pear-shaped, of course (not a spoiler, since it was obvious from page one, issue one that the heist was going to go pear-shaped). I wonder who’ll survive to the end, if anyone. You never know with these Black Label books.

Also hoped I could snag Batman #125. None in stock. I should have known, what with Zdarsky beginning his run and all. It’s been a while since I’ve chased after new issues, and my comic shop instincts are rusty. Happily, I’ve read that there will be a second printing.

Aside from that, the only other DC development in my life is that I’ve started a rewatch of the Adam West Batman TV series. I was a fan when I was five, and cringed at it as a young man, but now, as a fan of (cough) a certain vintage, I can appreciate the corny comedy of it.

That’s all for now, Diary. Toodles.

5 Likes

Bit of a rebuttal to the Rolling Stone article from Forbes.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I’m on a bit of a retro rewatch phase myself, but with Superman. I’ll watch an episode or two of the George Reeves’ show every week. Also in the middle of season 3 of a Smallville rewatch with my 11 year old daughter. Finally, I just started rewatching Lois & Clark. Something about the way each episode ends with that jazzy piano music is very comforting :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

yeah, i thought the same thing about the bot angle. 13% doesn’t seem that significant (although the allegations that they were organized by shadily-contracted third party companies could be). my main takeaway were the quotes in which Snyder used that toxic “movement” to threaten and intimidate his perceived enemies and at least one journalist behind the scenes.

3 Likes

Yeah, not cool at all, and neither was what WB did to his movie. Who knows how things actually went down though? Weird coincidence that this article comes out on the day ZSJL releases digitally. Not defending the man… it’s just the Hollywood hype machine is not something I trust at all, good or bad.

Yet I click on the articles :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

i just wish the Snyder fans would move on. any time there’s ANY news related to DC on social media, it’s flooded with Snyder die-hards trashing it and pushing their dumb agenda. it’s sad when something i’m really looking forward to like The Flash starts trending and i don’t even want to bother looking because it’ll just be them campaigning against it. in a way they’ve hijacked the fandom.

edit – Ezra Miller has kinda taken the fun out of news about The Flash, too, though :laughing:

3 Likes

Syder always made it obvious he was doing that.

2 Likes

I agree with this sentiment. I love the movies, but not hung up on ‘em, or any other movie ever, to that point.

The best way for WB to overcome it is, like I said, to make kick-ass movies and shows that appeal to the masses. Believe in your source material. Make Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League. Make ‘em big. Make ‘em exciting. Make ‘em hopeful. Market the hell out of ‘em.

They kind of started doing so with The Batman, except I didn’t think it was big, exciting, or hopeful :joy:

2 Likes

Dear Diary,
If you could hang out with any DC heroes, who would it be?
Maybe you would like to take a flight with Superman,
Or ride in the invisible plane with Wonder Woman,
Maybe have a friendly race with the Flash or watch Green Lantern show off what his green ring can do.
Maybe you would take a ocean journey with Aquaman, or travel to space with Martian The Manhunter.
Or Maybe play games with Cyborg or challenge Hawkman to a duel.
Would you solve a mystery with The Question or would you look for clues with Batman?
With so many choice, I suppose you could hangout with Stargirl, or Maybe Green Arrow who is practicing his Target.
To be honest, if I could, I would hangout in the Watchtower, just to see all the heroes goes by.

Reaganfan78
7/19/22

5 Likes