Dear DC Diary

I do not plan on reading a single one.

6 Likes

That is a lot.

I will be reading the two Wonder Woman issues, and to make some sense of them I will hit the main story, so that is a minor investment of time with eight total issues. If I am really wowed, I might read more.

It will make a pretty nice omnibus, though. I wonder if that is part of the planning process. Then again, DC hasn’t been publishing omnibuses like some other companies are right now.

Giant events are fun, but do they sell as big as they have in the past, or is there giant event burnout?

4 Likes

I’m not sure if there is in terms of actual sale numbers, but I’ve absolutely been feeling that the last few years and I know plenty of other fans have as well

3 Likes

Horror isn’t typically my cup o’ tea. Looks like it’s taking over most, but not all, of DC’s publishing for a couple of months. When this was announced, I thought “Really? Catering to one type of fan much?” I enjoyed Dark Crisis, and am really enjoying Dawn of DC, so I’m giving this the benefit of the doubt. Josh Williamson promised humor along with the horror elements, so it could be fun. Will probably read the main story, along with whatever Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman related titles.

I’ve resigned to the fact that events are just part of the deal. It’s not even a yearly thing anymore, it’s like every few months. Just give me a break from events in which the main aim is to reboot/soft reboot stuff. Big epic stories are ok. Just make ‘em organic.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, and it’s just upsetting how much both big comic companies have gotten away from this (not that I read much of the other guys anyway, but still). It gives the impression that they just don’t have enough good ideas for interesting, smaller-scale stories in their regular books, or at least that they don’t have enough confidence in them, so they feel they have to keep resorting to these huge crossovers on a regular basis even though that also ends up doing damage

3 Likes

I read more Justice Society.

4 Likes

Dear DC Diary,
I’m on season 2 episode 10 of my first watch-through of Gotham. I’m freaking obsessed with Oswald Cobblepot. Best character. Perfect little bird man.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Dear DC diary,
Jim Gordon is a very boring man in Gotham and he gets too much screen time. The show honestly should have just been about Oswald and Edward, the only two characters worth rooting for on the show (well I guess the only two characters were three before that have a freaking died already) that’s all bye

4 Likes

But don’t you just love the way he says “g c p d”? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I mean, it’s definitely fun to replicate it and walk around my house screeching G C P D at the top of my lungs for no reason

4 Likes

Dear DC Diary,
I think it is absolutely absurd that I can’t Google pictures of Robin Lord Taylor and just stare at them without being absolutely freaking bombarded with potential spoilers for Gotham. I did not go to Google in search of spoilers, I went to Google so I could stare at pictures of Robin Lord Taylor. What do you not understand Google.

4 Likes

3 Likes

J6

4 Likes

3 Likes

I’m seeing posts from @basicallytimdrake and @MatthewHecht and I just want to say this is exactly what I imagined your day-to-day lives were like.

6 Likes

Dear DC Diary,
Shoutout to “I believe in you you Oswald, even when you don’t believe in yourself.” for ruining my life and making it better at the same time

6 Likes

24/7 angry about everything, i love him

6 Likes

@bookwormfitzpatrick.91230 its the green dudes you like

5 Likes

My green kings!

4 Likes