Dead Boy Detectives on Netflix

8 Likes

Saw this interesting.
And they are rumored or confirmed (unsure?) to be in Doom Patrol. Wonder if itā€™s a spin off situation kind of like them in Titans

3 Likes

Confirmed

4 Likes

I think it could be a good series.

I would certainly watch it.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Well I certainly wouldnā€™t have expected them to be recast. Unless thereā€™s a story explanation for the new appearance, it seems like this show is just gonna take place on another earth. Iā€™m especially curious if this was due to scheduling or purely a creative decision

3 Likes

I liked the original trio, I wonder why they recast. Either way, I like the premise and I am excited for this show.

4 Likes

Interesting about the recast but maybe itā€™s similar to DP wee the chief was recast and probably to just keep it a different earth. Either the premise of the show sound cool.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not read Dead Boy Detectives before, but it sounds up my alley for sure. I love how much DC content we are getting on HBO Max. Also does Berlanti sleep? How many shows is he going to produce?

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty psyched for it!

2 Likes

Legend has it that heā€™s transcended the need for sleep

2 Likes
3 Likes

I canā€™t say Iā€™ve read anything with them in it (if thereā€™s anything of them in DCUI, let me know), but cool. Iā€™ll give it a shot when it comes out.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t look like its on DCUI right now, but it probably will be by the time the show comes around, as it is available in singles and trades on Comixology.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Oh yay. I was worried about its fate!

3 Likes

Looks like Doom Patrolā€™s quasi spin-off but not actually a spin-off is going to be happening after all. I know word was they were working on it but canā€™t say I was not skeptical of it getting finished given what is going on with DC TV and Movies these days. So while I am kind of sorry it wonā€™t be on MAX, because MAX is still my favorite streaming service, nice to know the show will be going forward.

5 Likes

Any idea why they wouldnā€™t be able to market the show until 2024 if they kept it?

2 Likes

Makes sense. Iā€™m betting HBO Max wants to shine the New DC TVā„¢ spotlight on shows affiliated with the upcoming movies and other DC Studios-related media.

There are of course exceptions to that idea (namely Harley Quinn and, if its still a thing, The Penguin), but those aside, the DC Studios-based content is likely now prioritized above other things that were previously in-development for the platform.

2 Likes

I am not real happy about this. I subscribe to HBO Max not Netflix! I guess I can always do the free 30 day trial thingā€¦

2 Likes