DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

A minor one, but I didn’t like Superman: American Alien by Max Landis because
in that take Superman is a delinquent who fights Batman and gets chewed out by Pete rather harshly, which is ultimately what shied me away from DCUI before.

And Superman comics for that matter.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! May I ping @Vroom to recommend you some great Superman comics? :smiley:

5 Likes

Thank you, but I’m not sure if I should read Superman if I’m turned off by what I’ve already read about the character.

But I will say I’ve read some of the Golden Era comics on Hoopla before deciding to take up reading Batman.

I couldn’t seem to get into Superman because of that one issue anyway.

5 Likes

Silver or Bronze Age is a bit better I think

6 Likes

I understand. There’s a lot more characters during that era, but I like reading from the Golden Era because I like to be old-fashioned and read from the original creators of the characters. In this case, I like reading the works of Bob Kane and Bill Finger who created Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder.

5 Likes

Yeah, you can ping me. I mean, you asked nicely, so why not? :wink:

As for great Superman comics, well…Superman: American Alien won’t be on my list, because I didn’t like it when it came out.

I haven’t read it since its retail debut, so maybe a re-read is in order, so as to re-approach it from a fresh standpoint? :man_shrugging:t2:

@vanhalbgott.90920 While American Alien isn’t the best Superman read, don’t let one title sour you on the franchise/character that DC owes virtually everything about itself (including Batman) to, as there are oodles of other swell Superman reads starring The Man of Steel and other characters in his orbit that just might be up your alley.

8 Likes

I would like to say that I wish the series pages still listed issues instead of items. I was browsing and noticed some series with missing issues had a higher count so I thought some gaps had been filled. I prefer reading individual issues over collections so I only look at the count when there are issues missing or I would have noticed a lot of completed series went up also.

It’s a minor issue that I’m sure most people don’t mind or approve of and I will get used to it, but maybe if there were a setting I could change.

6 Likes

Hi @idle453.87595, thank you for your valuable feedback! I’ll make a note of this for the team to discuss. :+1:

5 Likes

Is there a way we can get the option to delete titles from the “Dive Back In” section? Also, why did it change and now when you click on the title on Dive Back In takes you into the comic instead of the information page? Hopefully this is just a glitch that will be resolved soon…

7 Likes

Hey there! Currently you can’t delete titles from the dive back in section. Also, I’m not sure if clicking on the title in the dive back in section taking you to the comic instead of the information page was an intentional change or not, however you can still choose to go to the comic’s information page by clicking on the 3 dots and then “issue details.” Hope this helps, and I’m happy to make note of your feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It was just easier to delete after reading instead of having to go to downloads to delete.

4 Likes

I’d like to second @HubCityQuestion’s Chrome issues.

It just took me a bunch of refreshes and a long wait to get my ‘My DC’ page to load. It wouldn’t load off my bookmarked page at all. I had to go to the main DCU page and navigate back to it. After refreshing a couple times for my avatar to even show up.

5 Likes

On my Samsung tablet, loading a comic often stalls the app entirely until I completely reboot the device.

4 Likes

Making the Verify you a human puzzles, so that an Actual human can do them,

I never have understood why most if not all of those puzzle are made where most actual humans would have nightmare getting threw them, but any bot or computer would blow past those in seconds it doesn’t make any sense.

had to sadly cancel my sub because I will not be able to login in if i ever loose my hearing it really sucks.

3 Likes

Hi, been using the app for a few years now. I like it for the keeping up of the latest comics, which is nice and easy.

However, I’m a bit of a browser-type when it comes to idly looking through collections to see if there’s anything random I’ve not seen, or just has a random appeal to me (as you used to flick through boxes of comics in the shop back in the day).
Or I’m trying to find a particularly strangely named series or “I remember it began with a K…” type of recollection.

In all cases, the “All Comic Series” is really hard to do this if you’re going by A-Z. Could you try trying to browse for any series beginning with a K, L, M etc (anywhere in the middle) and see if you get where I’m coming from? You can’t do it. Or you keep loading/scrolling until you reach there, then click on the series. Go back, and you’re back at the start again :frowning:

It seems a very basic bit of functionality to have an A-Z by the side as you have with any browsing library software (e.g. any music app), so I don’t know why it’s missing here.
Please could you put this in place ASAP please? It feels like a very basic bit of functionality that should be easy to put in down the side of the All Comic Series section to jump to what ever letter you want to go to? It would incredibly enhance this software for finding nice random series that miss the highlights.

EDIT - or if technically this is too challenging, could you have a downloadable XLS list of the series (with writer as well, in case there’s a few duplicates) so we can do this offline, and refresh this say every two weeks?

8 Likes

@RootBeerMaster @Vincent.Hanna thank you both for your feedback, I’ll be sure to make note of your thoughts!

4 Likes

What is going on? The dive back in section is going crazy, I have trouble pulling up the info page on some titles, and I can’t get my notifications on here because I click it and it just flashes but never comes up.

4 Likes