DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

I see other posts about this over the years, but why have we STILL not gotten any kind of sorting functionality on our reading lists? It is not that hard to add in a dropdown to allow users to sort by publication order, alphabetically, and by order a book was added to one of our lists. Same goes for search results page.

Preferably, it should remember how we sorted and use that preference for future page loads, but even if we had to re-select each time, it would be better than the lack of order we get now on Lists and search results pages.

6 Likes

Hi @Grenadier and welcome back! I’m more than happy to pass your comment and feature request to the team. Thank you!

6 Likes

I just want a little flag in the corner of thumbnails that say “READ” for issues you’ve already read

7 Likes

Welcome to the community @sween32! :wave: Thank you for your valuable feedback - I’ll make sure this is passed along to the team.

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

7 Likes

older books had citations for previous stories
“see adventures #25
i would like to see the app hyperlink to those stories or add them to a queue.

7 Likes

Great suggestion, thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, if we are going to talk about linking I would like to see this feature concept expanding to include a link search functionality for say the character, author and/or artist. Not sure how to best implement this feature off the top of my head but I’m assuming that each issue has meta data associated that would be utilized.

6 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, I’ll be sure to make note of it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

100% agree

6 Likes

I’m on my second year of Ultra and using the service. On my own I’ve read mostly Batman/Bat family focused content starting with Rebirth. And older comics I remember from the 90s.

I have to say that I’ve really appreciated the “Explore” and featured selections which have presented stories I’ve never knew about. I alluded to this previously that these features and stories result in further interest into the DC library, artist and authors. Any improvements that helps me track my progress and discover other content based on theme, character, artist, author, etc. is appreciated.

6 Likes

I love this App very much! But I’d like it if after a certain run, say Red Robin for example, it had a place where you can pick up the story. I saw Cassandra Cain and Red Robin be defeated by the same villain and don’t know where to pick up from there. I’d like to get back to that story and read more Cassie Cain Bat Girl. I just wish I knew where to pick up.

7 Likes

Thank you for the valuable feedback, @NoveltyComics300! I’ll make a note of this for the team to discuss. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So deep nerding recommendations is what my spouse calls it. I have a friend who is always there to fill in the blanks on why a story line or crossover is happening. Having a feature that would help to fill in the blanks (or a suggested reading list to do so) would be beneficial.

5 Likes

Thank you, @w.studio, I’ll make a note of your support for this feature as well. :+1:

Please feel free to also submit your suggestions and comments through our new survey! More information here. :point_right: We Want Your Feedback on DCUI!

4 Likes

I’ve requested this before but can we please have some new tags to sort comics?

My original request for an infinite frontier tag but we’ve now moved past that into the dawn of dc proper and we are still sorting back to rebirth?

Also. when viewing a series we should be able to sort by release date.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Hi @caljgarcia.44868 and welcome back! Thank you for this request, I’ll get it to the team for review. Please let the moderator team know if you need anything!

5 Likes

Publication dates for issues do not appear anymore on the mobile version of the app. I do not like this.

5 Likes

Did you submit that feedback in the survey?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I just noticed it after completing the survey.

4 Likes

@w.studio see I have two buddies who do that too! But I agree it’d be super nice if the app did it.

4 Likes