DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Hi there! Welcome to the community – and great first question!

Here’s how to get started:

1. If you’re using the website, go to the DC UNIVERSE INFINITE tab, click on your icon there, and then click “My DC”.

1. On your DC profile page, click the pencil icon.

From there, you’ll be able to edit your profile picture, header image, and username. :slight_smile: (Note that it may take some time for your profile picture to update in the community; you can bypass the wait time by logging out and logging back in after you change your picture).

This is relatively the same if you’re using the app – there’s a “My DC” tab on the bottom of the screen, second to the far right. You can navigate there and the functions are the same.

Hope this helps! Feel free to shoot us a DM if you have any other questions about setting up your account, or about the community in general. :+1:

6 Likes

When reading comics in a web browser (I’m not sure if it is different on iOS or Android), the background is either black or white. Unfortunately, the overlay that tells you what page you’re on is always white and therefore nearly invisible when the background is white.
:sparkles: Black background:

:sparkles: White background:

I would recommend that the overlay should always contrast with the background.

5 Likes

That’s a very good point. As far as iOS goes, the overlay is black text on a white margin on the top of the reader. I can see how the transparency of the page numbers through the website can be pretty hard to differentiate from the background in fullscreen mode, so it would be helpful indeed if it were a different color.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll get it passed along. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There are a large number of one-shot seasonal specials. Many of them are collected into series:
:sparkles: DC Holiday Special (16 issues)
:sparkles: DCU Halloween Special (4 issues)
But many are not:
:sparkles: DC Rebirth Holiday Special
:sparkles: DC Nuclear Winter Holiday Special
:sparkles: DC’s Crimes of Passion (Valentine’s Day)
:sparkles: Young Monsters in Love (Valentine’s Day)
:sparkles: Young Romance: The New 52 Special (Valentine’s Day)
:sparkles: New Year’s Evil
:sparkles: Secrets of Sinister House (Halloween)
:sparkles: Cursed Comics Cavalcade (Halloween)
:sparkles: Harley Quinn & the Suicide Squad April Fool’s Special
:sparkles: DC Beach Blanket Bad Guys Summer Special
:sparkles: Dog Days of Summer
:sparkles: DC Cybernetic Summer
…more…?

So could there be some kind of coherent organization for these seasonal one-shots? Either all collected into the “DC Holiday Special” series or broken out into Winter, Fall, Spring, and Summer series?

5 Likes

That would be cool! It looks like an assorted bunch come up in both the Comic Books/Comic Series sections through that search, but definitely not all of them, so I think that is a great idea.

I’ll get it noted! :smile:

6 Likes

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but the ability to remove finished comics from my Currently Reading would be supreme.

8 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @james.champion83 - I will get this noted for the team. :slight_smile:

Welcome back to the community as well! :partying_face: Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

6 Likes

I’m kind of on that same line of thought. I just wish there was a way to restart a comic w/o having to scroll backwards thru every page. Just a button u push that takes u to the beginning. Cuz I do like to know what I’ve read. So, if any way that it could still keep it logged as already read; but, hit button to take u to the 1st page? 1st thing I’ve ever suggested. I just kept forgetting :joy: meant to ask that years ago….

7 Likes

People can join Community
Without paying for DCUI

Noticed
Several free books

3 Batman
Catwoman
Penguin
Riddler
Peacemaker
Flashpoint

I don’t see that mentioned here

Topic and Banner on this?

4 Likes

Patience, patience. There’s a reason and rhyme for it coming soon :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The best part for sure!

5 Likes

How about moving the 5 “Get To Know _______” from the Showcase section to the Get To Know section? This is pretty minor in the grand scheme, but I also hope it is pretty simple.
I love this service, so if that is my biggest issue, you are doing pretty good.

3 Likes

I don’t think that DCUI focuses enough on building its archives. One of the biggest issues when it comes to the failure of the comic book industry is piracy. People are always looking to illegally access comics in order to get out of paying for an actual or digital copy. This would be a bad thing if it weren’t for the fact that such a large amount of DC comics are just missing from DCUI. In all of DCUI, there is only one issue of All-American comics and one issue of Flash Comics. In addition, there is a substantial amount of the 90s Superman comics that just are not on the website. I would understand this if there was some visible sight that DC was working on this, but we only receive 3 newly archived comics a week. The best way to counter piracy is through accessibility. Spending more time recovering old stories only helps the company.

9 Likes

Thanks double for the feedback, @ae12129 & @timmay_bird!

I’ll get that passed along. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Will we be notified if steps are being made toward requests?

4 Likes

As similarly touched upon by a member in another thread, users will not be directly notified if/when their feedback is taken into potential consideration. Any major changes to the website or its contents will be noted within the Watchtower category.

7 Likes

I would like a way to “follow” a title or storyline and have new releases for what I follow show up in a section of my home page so I know when new issues of books i want to read become available.

8 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! I’ve made note of it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s been said (including by me, I think) but worth repeating, it would be amazing to have the option to sort a custom list by publication date.

9 Likes

Could we get some more app icon options? We’ve got 20 right now, and that’s pretty good, but I’d just like to be able to change it up some more.

5 Likes