DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Hey @NinjaSupes, @Jurisdiction, and @Reaganfan78! :wave: Thank you all for the feedback on the profile picture system and how to increase its accessibility. Weā€™ll pass this along to the team in charge of these types of features and let them take a look into this. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I wish there were pre-loaded pictures to use for the pfp

6 Likes

Happy DC Anniversary @Sean-Malloy! :partying_face::cake::tada::confetti_ball: Itā€™s great to have you here, anytime you ask me a question, I enjoy answering them.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a great request, thanks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

no need for people to download anything; just go into profile, select the pic, and save

5 Likes

First, letā€™s take a look back at what was promised to us back in September 2020 when DC Universe Infinite was first announced:

Over 11 months into DC Universe Infinite here are the issues Iā€™ve had so far:

The first thing promised on there was ā€œExclusive DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Original titlesā€ and to my knowledge that has not happened. Going into the press release from September, 2020 it went on to say, ā€œAlso debuting on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE will be DC Universe Infinite Originals, including new comic content centered around beloved characters.ā€ Again, has that happened? If so please direct me to them because Iā€™d love to read them! If it hasnā€™t happened thatā€™s a pretty big whiff on a major tentpole promise to get people to sign up or maintain their subscription.

There were three things promised to us to ā€œFeed Your Fandomā€ and they were:

• Member access to DC Fan events
  • Special offers from DC SHOP
  • Chances to win access to exclusive events, DC merch, and more

Member access to DC Fan events
This started off strong with Q&A events here on the community boards for just us subscribers but it seems like itā€™s been a while since weā€™ve had one of those. In fact, over a month ago now we were prompted to ask questions to cast/crew of the upcoming ā€˜Peacemakerā€™ series and then that just never happened.

Iā€™d like to see a Q&A at least once a month with SOMEONE in the DC Universe. A writer, an artist, an editor, an actor, a directorā€¦someone like the archivist (that was a very cool one). Iā€™d also like to see some other DC Fan Events that only we have access to. A Zoom meeting Q&A, a virtual event, a website only we have access to - something.

Special offers from DC SHOP
The special offers that I was aware of were botched. Badly. The Justice League Funko figures were not available to us first and were sold out (to non-subscribers) before we got to them. The Superman/Kaskade offer was not even emailed to me until AFTER my exclusive window to get it before it was available to the public had expired. I donā€™t know of any other special offers from DC SHOP that were made available to us but I expected more than we have received. As to what improvements Iā€™d like to see - Iā€™d like to see one exclusive item available to us subscribers per month. It can range from something simple to something complex but Iā€™d like to have items available to ONLY us that make people say, ā€œWhereā€™d you get thatā€ and when I tell them DC Universe Infinite they should be jealous that I got it and immediately investigate how to subscribe so they can get the next one.

Chances to win access to exclusive events, DC merch, and more
To my knowledge this hasnā€™t happened yet. At all. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong, lord knows I donā€™t see all that happens on here and I may have missed it, but I donā€™t recall a single opportunity to win anything. There have been discounts on things but I havenā€™t seen an opportunity to win a free comic book, DVD, Blu-Ray, video game, item from the shop - nothing. This was literally one of the three things mentioned as a reason to subscribe when they announced DC Universe Infinite and I have yet to see any evidence of this. So for ā€œwhat improvements youā€™d like to seeā€, Iā€™d like to see some actual chances to win access to exclusive events, DC Merch and then we can work on the ā€œmoreā€ part.

The common theme here is that I want being a member here to bring more than just access to digital comics. I want it to be a place where DC fanatics come to read comics, discuss comics, buy merchandise and, as a reward for being subscribers, they get access to things that are ONLY for them. Make people want to be a member here because they are tired of missing out on cool stuff, cool events, exclusive merchandise, etc.

I love this place but I want it to be more and I want it to fulfill the promises it made before it launched.

9 Likes

Let Them Live! was the one and only DCUI-exclusive comic that we got.

Another promise made/not kept was the one to expand DCUI globally by summer 2021.

Of all the things you mentioned, though, in my opinion, DCUIā€™s biggest problem is all of the errors (issues missing, issues out-of-order, issues that just plain donā€™t work), and the staffā€™s failure to correct those errors in a timely manner. Errors happen, and theyā€™re surely annoying when they do, but when they donā€™t get fixed, then that becomes a bigger problem than the errors themselves. Additionally, DCUI has far more errors than DCU ever did, and the worst part is that there seem to be more and more new ones cropping up every week with each addition of new comics. The errors just keep piling up and never hardly ever get corrected, despite them being reported (sometimes multiple times). If thereā€™s one thing, just one thing, that I would change about DCUI to make it a better service, it wouldnā€™t be the addition of more comics, or more bells and whistles added to the UI, it would simply be improving the error correction rate. If errors and problems got corrected within, say, two weeks (at the most) of being reported, I would be so, so, so much happier with DCUI. So, I am assigning this as a New Yearā€™s Resolution for you, DCUI: Please do better with your error correction in 2022. Please. (Iā€™m begging you.)

10 Likes

Yes, this continues to be problematic. Usually it works for me if I log out and log back in, but I do wish it was easier. I also agree with @NinjaSupes, itā€™s odd that you can change everything about your profile except your user icon from the community page, and itā€™s definitely confusing if you donā€™t know where else to look.

Since I just changed my icon and am having this same problem again, I guess itā€™s worth mentioning - was there ever a solution found to the way profile pics always upload blurry? This was a crystal clear picture, and then I uploaded it and itā€™s very fuzzy. I know itā€™s been mentioned before and itā€™s not a huge deal or anything, but it is disappointing.

5 Likes

I guess the Funko Pop thing was before my time, but I got the Kaskade offer in time to ā€œpotentiallyā€ buy it, but that is so off the mark to any of the members here I know. I had to look up who Kaskade was, and even now, I had to double check it to make sure I was right.
I enjoy the service, but yeah, none of the advertised features have come through.

6 Likes

There were a couple of Trivia Tuesdays where you were entered to win something by participating. One of them was a Flash-themed gaming chair that looked pretty awesome. I donā€™t know of any other things like this happening though.

7 Likes

Mea culpa on that one, you are correct. However, a six-issue run of previously unpublished comics doesnā€™t exactly check the box for ā€œnew comic content centered around beloved charactersā€, in my opinion. ā€œBeloved charactersā€ is a very wide net and I was hoping weā€™d see some books that featured characters not currently getting their own run in print.

6 Likes

Which ones might you have been expecting?

3 Likes

Expecting? Nothing specific. Hoping forā€¦

Hawkmanā€™s Journal
Tales from throughout his many lives - each issue could be self-contained with him remembering a specific battle or event.

Constantine
The grumpy Englishman is always a fan favorite and him dealing with the occult is a never-ending well of stories.

Jonah Hex
Tales from his life before and after the scars would be a fun read.

Atom
Iā€™ve always thought showing his life and battles on a micro level that the rest of the DC Universe is oblivious to would be fascinating.

Super Pets
They have a movie coming out, why not a comic book series showing their adventures to go along with it!

5 Likes

Iā€™d have liked the Constantine idea

5 Likes

Hawkman and Constantine, sound like great ideas.

5 Likes

And Marvel is doing it with their Infinity Comics. Sometimes I donā€™t get what is happening here, I love the service because Iā€™m a DC fan, but is like they donā€™t care much about or there isnā€™t much values for them. I still canā€™t believe that I canā€™t read panel to panel and have the whole page showed and the end like Marvel Unlimited and Comixolgy have had for years.

7 Likes

You can, if youā€™re reading on the app. This feature has been available for many months now. You just have to turn it on in your settings. If youā€™re reading on the site, then I donā€™t believe this feature is available.

5 Likes

I wish, but that is not accurate at all, they forgot about a little thing call IOS, is not available on Apple devices and I happened to read on an iPad.

6 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, when I am reading comics is there a way for it to remember my preferences?

For example, I like to read panel to panel and in full screen mode, but every time I finish an issue it drops me out of these two modes and I have to reselect them when I start the next issue. It just gets a little tedious when I am reading through a series. Is there a way to select these settings permanently? (Sorry if this has been asked before.)

8 Likes

I donā€™t believe thatā€™s a setting, unfortunately @Row.Harper, but Iā€™m happy to take that down as a suggestion! Thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes