DCUI: What Do You Like About DC Universe Infinite? And What Would You Change?

Hi @KookieSuperApe,

Oh wow! Thank you for letting me know. It appears the “beta” option can be found for the Android version of the app. Within an issue, under Settings you can choose “Show full page on entry and exit of last panel (beta)”. This is great!! I had to update my app to the latest version to see this option.

Sadly it is not available for the Apple version of the app yet. But this is a great step forward. Thank you!!

7 Likes

I’m on an iPad, but like @Irredeemable_Shag said, it looks like is not available for iOS yet. Thank you for letting me know!, maybe is coming soon and I can not wait for it, I got to used to it on Marvel Unlimited.

4 Likes

Hey there @cmbeckett1972, it sounds like that’s a bug! Can you try to uninstall, restart the iPad, and then reinstall and see if it’s still functioning in that manner? If so, please submit a ticket into our customer support here so they can document it!

4 Likes

@KookieSuperApe Thanks for the help :wink:

5 Likes

I would bring the fanfiction part of dc universe back

5 Likes
5 Likes

as much as I’d like it too that’ll never happen

5 Likes

yeah same here

5 Likes

Not sure why they hate it though

4 Likes

Doubt they hate it, probably some lawyers in a room said, if we allow fan fiction on our site and then one of our writers tells a similar story, litigation might result.

5 Likes

that’s a fair point; wish they had actually used it as a reason in the notice

4 Likes

There’s a huge variety of reasons for why fan fiction is no longer allowed.

If you take our fan art guidelines as an example, they don’t allow you to create any new costumes, storylines, character arcs etc.

For fan art, this is fine. You can still practice your drawing skills and show off how closely you can replicate your favorite heroes/villains. However, when you apply the same principle to fan fiction, you’re left with… rewriting a pre-existing comic basically word for word which is then plagiarism and copyright infringement. It just doesn’t work sadly.

7 Likes

I’m mad that you got rid of the fanfiction part man

3 Likes

I totally understand your disappointment. We like to try and celebrate the community’s creativity as much as we can. As I mentioned though, our guidelines would only allow members to essentially re-write existing stories which serves little purpose and is classified as plagiarism.

If there’s anything outside of fan fiction that you like to do to show off your creativity (preferably DC related), do let us know and we’ll do what we can to help celebrate it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I enjoyed tremendously
Doing fan fiction
Every week
Using a prompt
From @MissInkBlot

But
It is was stopped
By Lawyers
And
Managememt
Not
The Moderators

The decision is final

Fan Fiction
Is not allowed here

There are other sites
Where
You can read and write
Fan fiction.

Just Not here.

5 Likes

:thinking: Guess those Brady kids didn’t like my DC Bunch song, since Marvel started it. Oh well that was fun!
Hey @Alec.Holland I have a new idea for Swamp Thing, maybe he can…
(Alec’s glaring back)
:cold_sweat:Um never mind, I was kidding anyway.
:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@Alec.Holland fair point.

6 Likes

The fan fiction prompts
Given by
@MissInkBlot
Along with the
Strict limitation of
Word count

Resulted in
Interesting Character
Studies

The great majority
Were NOT
Redoing old stories

But they
Violated

Fair Use
Copyright
And Trademarks
Rights

Which
Management
Had rhe right
To be concerned about.

5 Likes

I’ve always had a split feeling on Fan Fiction; on the one hand, I think it’s a wonderful stepping stone for people to get into writing and find their voice. On the other hand, you’re using someone else’s characters without authorization. Normally that’s not too big of an issue, but when you have people with inflated egos because they write fan fiction, that’s an issue for me.

I can see why it’s no longer on the boards, though. I’m sure the community didn’t go crazy and followed the guidelines but it must’ve been a nightmare to keep an eye on.

5 Likes

Hi folks,

Are there any plan to improve the comic book reader/viewer on the website and in the iOS app?

1. For the website reader, I’d love to see vertical scrolling of the entire comic in the landscape mode. On a laptop, I prefer to read the comic book in full screen and scroll down until the end of the book, without having to click through.
  2. The iOS app when in landscape mode, scrolling down on the right side often trigger a click causing me to go back and finish reading. It is VERY sensitive to tap on the right side, even when I am not tapping, it would accidentally see it as a tap to next page.
6 Likes