DCUI ULTRA: Vertigo, Black Label, and Collected Editions!

It’s here!!

Well the first five books of the Bible anyway.

@Reaganfan78

10 Likes

I can tell that they are actually working on it again today. Many of the issues that I was like “Where are they?” are finally here. Thank you team DC, including the mods!!!

10 Likes

Thankyou @Don-El! :smiley:

5 Likes

Now to search for the secret society and Lois Lane

5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

I really love these years celebration of any characters, they’ve got awesome comic collection including some books that are not on DC Universe library, hopefully someday. For now I’m so thrill with these graphic novels. :smiley:

4 Likes

The CRISIS crossovers collections, GREEN ARROW Mike Grell collections, early 80s GREEN LANTERN collections, the Breyfogle BATMAN/DETECTIVE collections, and so much more goodness yet to be found! And the VOLUMES buttons now work as well!

Thank you so much to all involved in getting these pushed down!

Christmas came early!

One question: will new collections be released here as they come out in stores, one month later?

9 Likes

I heard about this one a couple weeks ago and now here it is on the app my my…

@CaptainYesterday

7 Likes

@Moderators,
In the last few hours, (before taking a nap) I’ve been enjoying reading these graphic novels that were missing which are now here. Thankyou so much again to you and the DC teams for adding them! :nerd_face::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books::books:

10 Likes

The Grell Green Arrows and the Batman Adventures trades are up.
I’m also enjoying the Superman in the Fifties, Batman in the Fifties, Wonder Woman in the Fifies and the Batman TV Stories trades.

8 Likes

I had to search for that. It’s not on the Legion page still.
Bummer they didn’t include the 16 page costume gallery from the digest.

5 Likes

Awesome, few months back I started Grell’s GA and binged it to get disappointed that there was huge gap missing, 50+ issues gone after #25, still kinda lame to have that gap for regular subs.

6 Likes

Do you guys know if the graphic novel Vertigo Resurrected: Sgt. Rock Between Hell and a Hard Place will be added?

3 Likes

That one hasn’t been digitized.

3 Likes

Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibuses vol 1-3 are up!

The issues are in order of publication and the art and color has been cleaned up tremendously from the issues that are already available on DCUI (particularly Sensation Comics).

There is some censorship in them so they are not 100% historically accurate.

8 Likes

Thank you for the heads up! Unfortunately, the first cover is incorrectly listed as the omnibus, but these are all just the slimmer trade paperbacks. I didn’t upgrade my subscription to Ultra despite the discounted rate but would definitely consider if they started making full omnibus volumes available. The trade paperback versions are released at a snail’s pace by comparison (Golden Age WW hasn’t had one since 2019! :dizzy_face:) They may even be discontinued, as the last of this line I can find is Golden Age Superman Vol. 5 from 2020. These won’t do much to fill the Golden and Silver Age gaps unless an effort is made to digitize the omnis.

3 Likes

Well I should have checked them more thoroughly. Still good to have them here but they don’t cover as much material as the omnibuses.

I have volumes 1-4 and thought volume 5 was going to be released this October, but it suddenly became unavailable for preorder. The only new date I have found for it is next October according to Wikipedia, but I have no idea where that information came from.

It would be a shame to not get any more of these omnibuses, but perhaps they were not selling enough to justify printing them.

2 Likes

Also, welcome to the community! A lot of good stuff is to be found herein. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! Loving the app so far. It’s allowing me make good on my longtime goals of getting into things like Milestone and Legion of Super Heroes.

I also have the physical GA WW omnis and am crossing my fingers for that fifth volume to be released. I do believe, if the Discovery buyout doesn’t jeopardize the entire collected editions department, that the omnibus solicitations will return to their original frequency, as that format has a niche with the collectors market. I do see the trade paperbacks often in bargain bins and remainder shops, like Ollies, so I don’t think those sell even as well as the omnis.

3 Likes