DCUI ULTRA Tier: Community FAQ

If you get Ultra, then yes, all comics are free to read for a year, and welcome to DC Universe @polaristar2000.7646. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

One more time

2 Likes

I get it, I know almost everyone is excited but between this and not allowing a monthly option and seeing all we can’t afford along with the HBO Max and Warner bros stuff, I know no one cares but it just sours everything.

2 Likes

I totally get it. To top things off they promised things wouldn’t leave the standard service and lots of things did. I advised the ones that left and they said they would look into it, and it’s been three weeks with no updates. I finally unsubscribed. I felt like monthly subscribers were just getting the runaround. I will watch and if things get better or they finally decide to make a monthly subscription for Ultra I will I may resubscribe.

2 Likes

What left the standard service?

1 Like

Last I looked Joker/Harley Criminal Sanity, the whole Rorschach series, and Joker. Those were the main ones I saw, but I saw others were saying other books went to Ultra also.

1 Like

Hmm. It’s my understanding that the Black Label titles are very similar to the Vertigo titles, and require additional contracts (usually indicating additional payment) with individual creators. That’s probably why they were moved, along with the Vertigo stuff. I don’t remember what exactly was said, but I think Black Label/Vertigo’s contractual issues were always going to continue causing problems for availability.

2 Likes

They definitely said if it was already on the service then it wouldn’t be moved. I was even told that when I advised that they had been moved. It’s a lot of issues with the service since I signed up on day one. When the streaming left the service we were promised something like the ultra tier at no extra cost, but only got a few black label comics and very few graphic novels. All of the stuff that’s happened in the last few months were just the last straw for me. Just seems like the people paying monthly are being pushed out.

2 Likes

A lot to take in. I really hope the numbers are enoigh to sustain Ultra. I am not sure, though the quality of this site has improved over the years

4 Likes

Hi again, Senglord! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How are you?

2 Likes

Doin’ pretty well! Enjoying Ultra so far!

3 Likes

Ok I’m just gonna ask directly this time.

Any information on whether new collected volumes and graphic novels will be added as time goes on?

2 Likes

Still haven’t gotten an email about the exclusive ultra tier book.

3 Likes

Sorry we didn’t get to you earlier! I believe so, but I don’t have confirmation just yet regarding how soon after release they may be added to the platform. Once I get more information, I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We hope to collect addresses from members in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!

4 Likes

Loving the basic tier, but hoping to move up to the Ultra tier soon. I wasn’t able to take advantage of the introductory price, is this likely to be ‘rebooted’ (offered again) at any point?
If I subscribe to the Ultra tier at a later date, is the price I pay then going to be affected by any possible future price increases, or will the it be locked for the duration of my subscription?

3 Likes

What is up with Nightwing? New issues are not being added.

4 Likes

Hey hey! Glad to hear you’re interested in upgrading!

To answer your question, I’m not sure if the introductory price will be offered again in the future. I am not aware of any price increases in the future, so the current ULTRA price should remain for the duration of your subscription!

4 Likes