DCUI: Comic Book Collection Requests 📚

Heya jla!

For the moment, this topic is discussing the digital collections we make on DC Universe for getting to know characters, showcasing certain themes or creators, and more. At this time we do not have a pipeline to the physical publishing plans, but please stay tuned as we work on a big restructure in 2021!

4 Likes

Yeah I completely hate DC’s physical collections department. For example the Bronze age Brave and the Bold and Justice League of America volumes being rescheduled so many times. Thankfully the Bronze Age Justice League of America volume #3 is listed once again on Penguin Random House and Amazon Justice League of America Bronze Age Omnibus Volume #3 and I’ve already ordered it but I do wish it included DC Special #27, Super-Team Family #11-#14 and DC Special Series #6. There’s nothing better than physical media. Digital is dependent on high speed internet most of the time and what’s worse is you miss out on all the extra material like pin-ups, post cards, posters, original art and etc. I wish DC was more like Marvel in terms of collected editions. Marvel produces more and usually in better quality and the listen to the collectors and try to map and offer what we want to buy. They really care about their product and collectors buying their product. That being said, I absolutely loved Justice League International omnibus Volume #2 and the first two volumes of the previously mentioned bronze age omnibus books.
DC Special #27

DC Special #27, Page #8. Captain Comet Joins the Justice League of America
and the last page with inks by Neal Adams.
DC Special Series #6
and the last page

1 Like

For example DC Limited Collectors Edition C-46 will never be available on digital because it is a tabloid that featured reprinted stories which is understandable but unfortunately some will never get to see those awesome front and back covers or more importantly that cool double page pin-up by Terry Austin that only appeared in that book.

lce46pinup

I also don’t see the classic DC Super-Stars #10 being available anywhere physically or digitally which is sad because it featured this awesome baseball game between an array of DC Super-Villains vs Super-heroes. It was a lot of fun. I think at one time DC considered including it in the Justice League of America Bronze age omnibus volume #2 but alas, it never happened.

Got the Bronze Age “Doom Patrol” here?

There are a couple of issues of My Greatest Adventure on the app where Doom Patrol started. Unfortunately not the entire run.

Never mind, I interpreted that wrong. You mean the series with Tempest, Celsius and Negative Woman right? When DC tried to make them a ‘legit’ superhero book? ![Doom_Patrol_Vol_2_1|324x500](upload://hQGKtK3reQTql9K9z5YvkxZdM5z.jpeg)

is that Bronze Age?

Get to Know Guy Gardner should include the New 52 Red Lantern series

Also, the Green Lantern (corpse) has 21 storyline collections and is not a top character. It is very annoying trying to search for Green Lantern Collections.

I don’t know where to submit this but Kyle Rayner is noticably abcent from the encylopida, no entry. It’s very noticable under Get to Know Green Lantern where it lists the encyclopida entries for other Green Lanterns and he is missing.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I’ve added these in a request to the DC Team :slight_smile:

1 Like

On top of the work they already have

The Batman: Officer Down Storyline. All eight issues are on the service, but each issue is in a different series so you have to hunt them down.

3 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, @TheBookWasBetter! I’ve added that to our list. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d like to see a collection for the “Drowned Earth” storyline:

• Justice League (2018) #9-10
  • Aquaman (2016) #41
  • Titans (2016) #28
  • Justice League/Aquaman: Drowned Earth #1
  • Justice League #11-12
  • Aquaman #42
  • Aquaman/Justice League: Drowned Earth #1
2 Likes

Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns should be in the Green Lantern (2005) collection, between issues 35 and 36.

1 Like

Any chance of adding Justice League America (1987-1996) issues 33, 34, 35, 36, 41, 42, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, and 85?

Every other issue is available on the service, and these missing issue are so random. It’s not possible to follow the storyline. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Zatanna’s Search is an absolutely essential collection for the character’s origin, and fortunately we have every issue but the very rare epilogue collected on DCUI. The proper collection order is as follows:

And if we ever happen to get DC Blue Ribbon Digest #5, we can tack that onto the end as well.

3 Likes

Added both all 3 of your requests to the list, HCQ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Added to our list that we regularly share with the DC Team! Thank you :slight_smile:

I would like more of the Earth One books added!

2 Likes

I’ve added a request to our list for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like