DCUBC-Epics: JONAH HEX, All Star Western (2011-)

Old West gun fights are some of the best action. The panels for the gun fights out side Arkham’s house was awesome. So need more of that.

“Mighty fine choice of read’n right here. Kept me on the edge of my saddle whole time. YEEHAW get’em Hex!”

2 Likes

Mornin’ ya’ll. I had to re-shoe my horse when the sun broke, so I been a tad busy. I’m a couple issues in so far.

Also had to shoo away a prickly 'yote that tried to yoink my grub. I reckon that 'yote would be a new coat if he didn’t vamoose when he did. A feller has to defend against the rustlers, am I right?

Anywho sits down by the fire he’s cooking his grub over I reckon the covers on the initial issues by Moritat are might pretty. 'Specially Hex’s irons on #3. Those might be the biggest damn 'volvers I’ve gazed upon.

Welp, time for a Western Breakfast. Catch ya on the other side of the ponderosa pard.

2 Likes

@Vroom, you have my crowbar with you? I loaned it to you to get the old shoes off.

2 Likes

@HP Friend, I reckon I do! Mighty kind of ya to loan it out too.

Here ya go buckaroo! hands off crowbar and tips his black Stetson hat as he rides off on his steed

2 Likes

I’ll be jumpin in to this here Book after I finish Blue Devil. I’m ready for a rootin tootin good time!

2 Likes

“Gotham! Thats why I’m headed for the so called untamed west. I don’t care how bad or how scary y’all say the west is, its gotta be better then Gotham. You listen and you listen good, Gotham is and always will be an open range for the worst of us. Rue my words this place will be then end of anyone who calls it home.”

Whew Gotham has been a bad place since the beginning. Lol how do they sell property…

1 Like

@Vroom
Reckon ya cooked up a nice breakfast :fried_egg::fire:

@msgtv
I’m itchin’ fer a Jonah Hex show! Them colors in issue 1 sho’ was nice. Set the tone real good!

@MattMcDonald
Howdy! Welcome to the old West! :cowboy_hat_face:

@Death_Globe
:joy: I’m starting to Gotham just cause Hex hates it so much! He’s very persuasive.

*hate Gotham

I read this one first came out and I thought it was one of the better New 52 titles I see what happens toward the end of the series.

2 Likes

I read two more tonight! Lots of action

Issue 3
Is he foretelling the Joker?

2 Likes

Issues 3
Git’ em Hex! Great action in this scene. It unfolded like a movie

1 Like

Issue 3
This is relatable. When you just need something simple, but there’s a bunch of complicated rules… Ha!

I was glad to see Jonah show up at the end of the issue to deal with those horrible new villians.

1 Like

Issue 4
Hex has a brutal way of counting to ten, but based on what them outlaws done, I don’t feel bad for ‘em.

Also, “Sister Hardcase” :joy:

I love the old western talk in this panel

2 Likes

I see the colorist added a broader pallet in issues 2 and 3. Makes me wonder if that was the original intention or was from feedback.
And, this is a really violent book. It works for Hex, but does make you go Wow at times.
Didn’t really care for the El Diablo backup. Up next back grabs me more.

2 Likes

Thankyou JLWWSM for the picture of Mayor Cobblepott. By the way have you read Bat Lash? It’s a good western story, and I just love the pictures in each panel looking like a old west art style. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Reaganfan, I’ve read Batlash. Enjoyable read, it felt like it could have been written in the 70s. The original creator was involved in.

2 Likes

@msgtv
I think the first volume is the most violent of the series (especially issues 3 and 4), it tones down a bit after that as Jonah continues his journey.

I’m with you on the secondary story. Most of them are awesome (my favorite is in issue 7, Nighthawk’s backstory). I’ll be reading 5&6 tonight to finish volume 1.

@Reaganfan78

My first exposure to Batlash is in one of the secondary stories in this series (I think it’s issue 10). I like him, I’m happy to hear there are more stories about him :blush:

2 Likes

Dr. Arkham is starting to grow on me. I like how they use his scientific views to help the story progress and then use the harsh reality that is Jonah Hex’s world to give us some amazing art. They really made Arkham’s character face an incredibly difficult situation in issue #3. Dr. Arkham killing that thug to save Jonah, you know that had to be an almost impossible decision for him. Good story and some amazing art. The colors on the first page of issue #4 had me stuck for a moment so vibrant.

2 Likes

@Death_Globe
In #3, I love that Dr. A stood up for himself in the store with Hex and demanded to be brought along. It showed a lot of growth for his character, I didn’t think he had that in him!

2 Likes