DCU: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

Almost assuredly not, since his last post in the Community was on November 2.

People probably have suggested this before, but a DC Universe app for the Nintendo Switch would be amazing. The screen is the perfect size to read comics on, and it would be perfect for on-the-go reading. Right now I shove a tablet into my Switch case so I can read comics. I would love to be able to have a more streamlined experience.

the screen seems smaller than a smartphone

I would like to seeā€¦then again I donā€™t think the Moderators would like to see my joke knowing itā€™ll never happen.:confused:

That bad?

1 Like

If this site didnā€™t want to continue the offer of $59.95/year for those that supported you in the beginning, you didnā€™t have to renew me for this year and then cancel my subscription! All you have shown me is that for DC Comics to have any future, they need to be sold away from Warner Brothers that has been a cancer on DC in everything in every aspect! DC should be on top of Marvel in every category of media content but Marvel doesnā€™t have idiots running the show like the Warner Brother executives have showed to be! And I donā€™t care what some fanboy has to say to defend this joke of a company because it wonā€™t improve the future of this company one bit!

I agree this will be a nice feature. Also, I think it would be useful to have links to other earlier comics in a series underneath the comic you are looking at under the description of the comic (like the part just before you start reading). Like, if we want to catch up, it will be easier.

1 Like

Did the app get updated? I donā€™t have the community option across the bottom toolbar of the app. Instead when I click on the community option on the left side bar it redirects me to a chrome tab where I habe to log in every time. Am I the only one experiencing this change?

2 Likes

This was updated for me about a week ago but I saved my login info so I donā€™t have to log on every time.

2 Likes

Hi @KandorianBullWorm! This is how the community will be accessed in the app from now on. You can read more about it here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up!

3 Likes

Any idea why the change?

1 Like

I think there should be a feature to mark a comic as read. It would help track where we are in reading.

Also: with the update to Infinite will we lose our lists, the history of what we have read, etc?

3 Likes

Iā€™ll make a note of this feature request for the DC team! :slight_smile:

As for losing your lists etcā€¦ As I understand it, everything should remain as is, so you shouldnā€™t lose anything. Iā€™ll get an admin to confirm for you though!

3 Likes

I was thinking if there where a possibility to have audio comics. Where. The comics come to life in away and reads the comics to you while Subscribers look at pictures and enjoy the story.In a narrative way I suggest this would be a great thing for dc universe members to have and enjoyā€™ and to better dc universe app

2 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely pass your request up to the rest of the team.

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

Might cost a bit to get voice actors for each comic

2 Likes

If youā€™re looking to scratch that particular itch, Iā€™d highly recommend the Kingdom Come audio drama from the early 2000ā€™s. Itā€™s got voice acting, sound effects and a decent musical score. You can find it on Youtube. By that same rationale, there were some audio adaptations of DC stories by Graphic Audio. I have the Infinite Crisis one that runs well over six hours, but like Kingdom Come it has voice actors, sound effects and a score. Chances are that might be on Youtube as well.

3 Likes

Hello my favorite internet @Moderators, I have one wish to make for DC Universe Infinite, in Get to know a character section, can you guys please make Get To Know Maxwell Lord. After seeing Wonder Woman '84 heā€™s beginning to be my new favorite villian and I would like to know more about him. Thankyou. :grinning:

4 Likes