DCU: What Do You Like About DC Universe? And What Would You Change?

I’m sure it’s been said, but I want a PULL LIST! set up my list and those books automatically go into a list that I can edit. That’s ALL I WANT. I’ve been very patient. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pick a date, see what was on the stands. I LOVE THIS!

2 Likes

@johnlubbes.92002 - I’ll pass your feedback up to the team, thanks for your suggestion.

2 Likes

You advertise Batman the Animated Series, Young Justice, and Harley Quinn’s show on the app, but then you don’t have them. This is kind of disingenuous; you should either get them back or remove the images implying that they’re provided.

Hi @ageimers.28027, you’re absolutely right- where are you seeing these advertisements? We will communicate with the teams running those ads as be sure to have them removed.

Same here. I trying to catch up to now but I’m not sure where to start, what to read next and what issues tie In with big events, instead of having to look through comic series to see if they have a crossover issue.
I think I good idea is to separate comics by what Wednesday they came. If that’s too much or hard then at least sort them by month or even season or year. Right now when you sort by year you just get the whole comic series, not issues. Like action comics would be one of the first cuz it came out first but it’s also has the newest comics as well.

1 Like

I never complained about anything in my 2 years using this app
BUT This disappoints me. The community was one of the best features of the app. It encouraged people to engage in convos more and share their love for a comic or character and give legit critics on things about comics and the apps.
I also feel it kept a lot of trolls and haters away. Plus I feel like others aren’t going to want to switch to another app and sign in again.
Is this forum for ALL or just people who are signed up threw the app? Not saying people should pay for this, but just be signed up with the app even if it’s a free account would weed out some of the trolls. Luckily we haven’t had any problems with them yet.
and how can we be sure DC or att/WB won’t shut this forum down like they did to the old DC forums from the 2000s?

1 Like

Also are we going to get alerts on the app if people reply to us or even mention us, or do we have to come here for that?

1 Like

Thanks for the question, @ericsjustmymiddlename. I don’t have the answer to that just yet, but as soon as we do we’ll make sure to let you know.

1 Like

Chiming in!

While we don’t currently have mobile push notifications for our Community, you can visit the preference center of the Community forums and update your e-mail preferences to receive updates on any activity :slight_smile:

You can find your Preferences by clicking your profile icon, clicking the little person icon, then clicking “Preferences”. There, you will see an option for E-mail, like this:

Because I’m here all the time, I don’t need e-mail notifications. But this is a great way to get alerts :slight_smile:

In the meantime, we have explored how to create a more “social-media” alert system, so stay tuned as the story progresses!

1 Like

Hi eric (if that is your real middle name), I’m looking at your other comments here, and I think I can help clarify some of your concerns.

With regards to grouping the comics by week, the challenge there lies in the way certain publications have been released. For some continuities, it’s important to read comics published years later, first! It’s a strange magic we weave.

But for that, we have our Collections, and our Community. If you’re looking for say, reading orders for the Superman Triangle Era, look no further than our Triangle Era Volume 1 collection to get you started. We have a whole “collection of collections” here for your timeline pleasure, and are constantly working on more.

We also have really helpful topics like this one, but if you are looking for a specific character or understanding don’t hesitate to reach out to our Community.

Which takes us to your follow-up comment- thank you so much for the kind words, and for recognizing the work we put into building a positive space.

To answer your question:

We are building towards a “single sign on” environment, where one account can access many points of DC fandom. In that way, you can sign up for either the DC Universe app or the Community and you will have created an account for the forums. The forums are, and have always been, free to everyone.

You can rest assured that we employ a fleet of professionally trained moderators to ensure that disruptive behavior is kept at bay. This is why you haven’t noticed any problems- our very own super-heroes!

In terms of how we can be sure DC or att/WB won’t shut down the forums, they had an opportunity this year to do so when they consolidated the company’s leadership structure and business priorities. Nothing in life is guaranteed, that’s what keeps it interesting and spicy. But at this time the company is invested in creating digital experiences that serve the fans at home, a priority that becomes increasingly important in 2020 and 2021.

Keep us posted on what continuities you’d like to see, and be sure to let us know if you have any more questions!

4 Likes

What about through the site from a desktop?

1 Like

Hey Sean-Malloy! You can still have desktop notifications, which can be enabled or disabled from your Preferences menu, which can be accessed from your Community icon > little person icon > Preferences > Notifications. There, you’ll see this menu option:

If you ever said “block” when this pop-up occured:
Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.52.10 PM

You will need to go into your browser’s settings and allow the Community site to receive notifications. Hope this helps!

1 Like

so desktop layout won’t change?

1 Like

Thank for addressing all my concerns. I feel a lot better now about know the forum is here to stay.
and thank for the obvious suggestion of going in a forum and asking,other if they can help me with a timeline of the must reads from like the second year of rebirth to now.
And no that’s not sarcasm, it’s a sincere thank you. I was just stating how stupid I was for not thinking of asking the forum before. I actual have just started reading some comics anyways and I figure I’d get back to the others in time. And I have checked out the collections and notice the Superman triangle series and was excited for that.
I did the same thing in 2007 with Infinite Crisis #7 where my second favorite character SUPERBOY died. I seen that in a barns and noble and was so devastated. Then in the next panel my FAVORITE hero Tim Drake (the reason I started reading comics in 1991ish) crying over his body almost brought tears to my eyes. I haven’t read a comic since 1998 before that day. I then looked for a comic shop and continued from there and noticed a lot of different things, like Hal Jordan and other green lanterns were back, superboy wore jeans and a t-shirt (which I loved), supergirl was different, teen Titans was a thing (wasn’t into to 90s teen Titans but least we got Young Justice)and just so much more that I had to figure out how all this happened and what happen the 7 years I was gone.
So while continue it read current comics I collected trade paper backs of some of my favorite books, like Robin, teen titan (2000s), green lantern rebirth, and ANYTHING connected to the Crisis. Starting with Identity Crisis (I didn’t get the 80s crisis until yearrrss later) all the books leading up Infinite Crisis, villains unite, omac etc, and the first six Crisis issues I missed.
This was a great time for DC imo and enjoyed all the stories but there were so many twists and turns and surprises that It made me wish I read them all in order to experience it as it happen and not have nothing spoiled.
This is why I’m looking for some type of list of just the main series and books to read leading up to this Death Metal or Dark metal is it???
I still do wish there some sort of date system, partly for that reason, but you made me realize I can get most of the things I need by using the collections and forums.
Sorry for the long post and thank you again.

4 Likes

I’ll explain my issues and see if there are any fixes.
This all applies on an Ipad Pro App.

• If I turn on airplane mode THEN load up DC universe I can’t get to the download section. I’m locked to one screen. I have to turn off airplane mode. THEN load it. Then turn on airplane mode.

• Downloads is a mess. You can’t group, rearrange or sort them. So I have to be very careful in the order I download things otherwise they end up out of order.

• Removing things from download is also quite hard. Clicking the three dots is almost impossible for me. It takes many re-tries. Which is made worse by any time I miss it loads the comic. Which I can never figure out how to close. I have to click, and click, and click to get the “done” option to pop up in the right. Most of the time that doesn’t work. Am I missing an obvious “close” button? There is no X or anything.

• I would like the comics in my “list” to be linked to my downloaded section. So I can use my list to keep things organized instead of having go to my downloaded section to find them.

2 Likes

No need to be sorry for the long post- likewise, there’s so much to unpack! One thing we can both agree on: Superboy’s jeans & t-shirt look is ICONIC. You reminded me that I have seen some Death Metal reading order suggestions around these parts:

Hopefully this helps! The moderation team is looking to create more robust reading lists and “where to start” topics, and this sounds like a great one to include. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and especially your lovely and sometimes heartbreaking memories of your time “in the books”!

3 Likes

Hi ecfickle,

Thank you for taking the time to share this detailed report with us. I’m glad you have it all written out here, but we won’t be able to help you here in the forums. We have a Help Center that you can find at yourdcu.com/submit to submit your technical errors around your downloads. They may have a solution that we can look into.

I am not sure if it is technically feasible to link your lists to your downloads without automatically downloading your issues (the “hard copy” vs the digital copy). But I hope that if we can get an improved experience around downloads for you, it can help with those navigation pain points.

For now, I strongly recommend submitting this to the Help Center to ensure it is logged and addressed ASAP.

1 Like

Greetings, friends! This topic has been closed, and we are now routing your suggestions about the new DC Universe Infinite platform here:

This will allow us to create a fresh slate of your feedback from this brand new experience. We will continue to leave this topic public for near-future reference as needed, before it is retired to the Archives. Thank you for your understanding, and we’ll see you in the new “What Do You Like About…” topic!

5 Likes