DCU should give the Mods some kind of bonus or gift for their efforts in maintaining the fires yesterday.

Yesterday must have been exhausting for the Mods, there was a lot of ugly words thrown at them. Words can hurt and they handled it very well. Their boss should give them something for their performance yesterday. A little bonus, gift bag, or gift card or something for manning the front lines on the Saga of the Swamp Thing.

Thanks Mods,
keep up the good work!

19 Likes

Oh goodness spelling error *Manning the fires fires yesterday. :grimacing:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, @fansumtheory.16165. I will be sure to let the rest of the mods know of this beautiful thread. <3

7 Likes

Yes, they most certainly do deserve a bonus and a very large one at that.

3 Likes

I quite agree. Moderating a contentious message board can be fun, or a heavy trial. Yesterday was without question, a heavy trial.

Many thanks to you guys. I’ve been in a slightly similar situation, and I have an idea of how hard it sometimes can be.

4 Likes

Uh no. It’s called criticism. Also they ruined the experience of watching swamp thing. Imagine watching a show you’re invested in and really like knowing in the back of your mind that it won’t be on for long. Now I do agree people need to calm down but I understand their frustrations. They ruined the hype of swamp thing. It doesn’t feel the same at all anymore.

1 Like

@foxybridges, while I respect your opinion, and you are completely entitled to enforce it, I do want to remind you that the Mods that work tirelessly day in and day out for every member of the community had no part in what happened to Swamp Thing. This ultimately boils down to respect and the community should show the same respect to the moderation team that we show the community.

7 Likes

@foxybridges None of the moderators had absolutely anything to do with Swamp Thing’s predicament.

They are involved with the community and have no involvement in the content produced for DC Universe.

Content decisions with regards to Swamp Thing and all original TV content for DCU is strictly at the behest of Warner Brothers Television.

3 Likes

@foxybridges The mods had nothing to do with the cancellation of Swamp Thing. Now it’s okay that you’re upset it was cancelled, but the mods had nothing to do with that. They just had to deal with the whole community.

4 Likes

I respect your opinion, but I don’t need to “Imagine” I am invested and really like it thus far. Criticism can be done in a “Mature” fashion. Also we don’t know that its over for good yet, have hope.

3 Likes

Also this was suppose to be a positive thread. There are plenty of negative ones that you can voice your opinion on the matter.

3 Likes

They all also deserve lots of huggles and pizza!

5 Likes

Hug a Mod: it’s good for you!

6 Likes

Definitely in agreement, the mods are worthy of sainthood at this point. Virtual cookies for all! And a round of applause to boot! :clap::clap:

5 Likes

This is what happens when you have mergers or companies consolidating. They keep on throwing bombs at this APP trying I think to destroy it. There is no other excuse for all the bad press they create for the DC Universe App.

I agree they earned their keep yesterday. People have a right to complain but sure that much negativity was daunting.

4 Likes

@Mae and @StarOfLyra, I am on a low-calorie diet, but I will gladly take your applause and extra huggles!

@Vroom, you have actually hugged me :slight_smile:

@IssacBrown, DCU will not be defined by one single show, it is what we make of it and it will continue to grow. With this awesome community and Applejack we will move forward no matter what get’s thrown at us, friend!

@DanTheManOne1, we get that the community is venting because we vented too. We are a big family and when one person is down we all are,

6 Likes

Model Mods Make Mayhem Manageable
In my mind the mods are all seen in a soft focus with gentle lighting and upturned smiling faces

4 Likes

I wish that were true, @msgtv. You guys are lucky you never have to feel the wrath of @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell. She makes Harley look sane. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

There is NOTHING DC could give the mods that equal all they’ve done. The whole Swamp Thing ordeal just highlights how awesome they are! You guys rock. I’d offer you each a million dollars but, you know, those pesky guidelines forbid it. Rules are rules.

4 Likes