DCU Originals on HBO MAX

Of course!

1 Like

Not sure about that, maybe older seasons or when shows complete their run

Maybe my wifeā€™s all-time favorite sitcom. After you get past season 1, itā€™s a really well-written one act play each week. Most of the time, you only need the 5 or 6 core characters in one room working through whatever issue theyā€™ve got that week. Needs to be streaming.

1 Like

I am more than a little irritated that itā€™s not on Roku right away, the largest seller of streaming devices.

2 Likes

I feel ya. Probably a case of who blinks first.

I have a Fire stick that I bought so I could stream DCU since they donā€™t have a PS4 app. Now Iā€™m watching Max through the PS4 because I canā€™t get it through the Fire stick.

Color me bemused.

1 Like

@ralphsix

2 Likes

Maybe I assumed too much from them. I thought it was going to be ā€œtheā€ place for WB media. I assumed that all the CW shows would be there (including Smallville), all the DC movies, etcā€¦ If you go and look at the DC section, the only CW show is Batwoman, and there are movies missing as well. Sort of disappointing.

@ashleywilbanks im sure contracts need to expire before the shows can move over, WB didnā€™t renew their contract with Netflix which is why the newest show batwoman is on there. Iā€™d assume future seasons will end up on HBO Max. Smallville is on Hulu so once that contract expires I doubt HBO will resign and theyā€™ll bring it to their service instead.

3 Likes

Just read about it, seems like it will get done. Two issues 1) money split, theyā€™ll figure that out 2) whether itā€™s an app or just a channel on the Roku channel. I say bump Roku on that. Donā€™t try steering me to your channel just let me watch what I want. :fist:

2 Likes

Yeah, seems theyā€™re closer to getting a deal with Roku than with Amazon, but Iā€™ll survive.

Iā€™ve been watching Batman v Superman on Max thus morning. Itā€™s better than I remembered.

2 Likes

@ralphsix Iā€™m pretty disappointed they donā€™t have the ultimate edition up with the extra footage. Thatā€™s what I was looking forward to watching on day 1

1 Like

I was, too, tbh. Guess they want people to actually buy that.

@ralphsix is it the theatrical release or the ultimate edition?

1 Like

Is the version of Batman v Superman on HBO Max the theatrical cut or the ultimate edition?

Iā€™ve never seen the ultimate edition and it would be cool to watch it.

1 Like

The app should be available on Roku eventually, but Amazon Fire users are most likely going to be left out in the cold permanently.

2 Likes

@nightwing615 @ashleywilbanks

3 Likes

Thank you @reload

Sorry for having you repeat yourself; I didnā€™t see your initial post. :+1:

2 Likes

Do you think thatā€™s because of Amazon Prime?

Bothers me because right now MAX is not on Roku, so practically I canā€™t watch both. But given it will probably be a year or more before the MAX DC shows are on there (not counting Doom Patrol which of course I can watch here). So I am hopeful that will be worked out by then.

1 Like

Internet nerds are so fast. I love it. If you are using Amazon firestick, there is a way to install it. You will have to download HBO MAX APK. I am browsing HBO MAX app right now using my firestick.