DCU Inktober 2019 Thread

For those who are unfamiliar with Inktober, it’s a month-long art challenge. Each day in October, using the prompt list, artists are encouranged to create one ink drawing.

I figured that would exclude half the Fan Creation community, so why not let the writers pen some stories, too, if they want to join in?

Rules are pretty simple:

1. Using the prompts, ink a pic/pen a short fic every day (or not - as a community event, this is for fun, not stress!)
  2. Share
  3. Repeat

12 Likes

Yayyyy I love your graphic!

3 Likes

Aww ty! That was the easy part. Now time to see if i can get my procrastinatey self to keep up this year

4 Likes

(Ear)ring! Mine won’t be GOOD, but hopefully they’ll be fun

16 Likes

biff_pow i love how your mind works !

4 Likes

It certainly looks good to be, @biff_pow. :smiley: What a fun piece of art, thank you for sharing it!

3 Likes

I’ve always loved the New52 Dial H…

19 Likes

Jdebottis- that came out so good! Amazing work on the details

Y’all are making me feel guilty for using lunch to browse the forums. To my art pad I go

4 Likes

Thank you, @CynicalPink and @Zatanna! :hugs:

That’s great, @jdebottis! Great idea from the prompt, too

2 Likes

This didn’t come out very well (especially since there aren’t many good pictures of Rot Lop Fan that I can find to use as a reference, so I kind of had to wing it with the shape of his head and whatever weird floppy orientation his fingers and toes are in), but here goes nothing.

13 Likes

@BatJamags so dynamic! I’m too big of a wimp to even try that kind of perspective

3 Likes

@BatJamags - biff_pow said the exact same thing that first came to my mind! I think you did a great job :slight_smile:

3 Likes

“Have a little whiff of my posey.”

(…and his eyes weren’t supposed to look demonic, but my pen went sploo)

16 Likes

Ok, I give up. How do I post an image?

2 Likes

Hi, Flinch. Glad you’re trying to submit!

The most reliable host I’ve found is postimage.org. Upload your work there, click on the little circular icon in the bottom right of these comment boxes, then paste the address. If a thumbnail shows up, success. I’ve tried hosting images from google drive, but it’s been hit or miss.

2 Likes

Cynicalpink, that’s awesome.

5 Likes

@CynicalPink my BRAIN went sploo! That’s, like, ART!

@flinchumroy upload to https://postimages.org, copy the url it gives you, then click the image button that shows when you post a comment here, and paste the url in the box

4 Likes

OK. Thanks for the help. I’m a Superman fan so I’m going to try and make them all relate to him.

14 Likes

Welcome! And that’s fantastic! Really clever use of the prompt!

2 Likes

Aw, thanks, biff_pow! But knowing me, by day six I’ll be drawing stick figures. :slight_smile:

4 Likes