DC Fan Art Club

Are you a serious sketcher? Easygoing doodler? Just enjoy cheering on the creativity of your fellow community members?

Whatever draws you this way, welcome to the DC Fan Art Club!

:art: JOIN US: Click here
:mag_right: FIND US: #dcfac
:loud_sound: FOLLOW US: Add #dcfac to your “Watching First Post”
:wave: MEET US: Meet the Artist (ongoing art challenge)
:fist: CHALLENGE US: Submit a prompt (CLUB MEMBERS ONLY!)
:pray: REQUEST US: Make an art request (EVERYONE WELCOME)
:question: ASK US: @CynicalPink

:fan_art_club: POWER UP: Tutorials, Stock Resources, Photo Refs Wiki

Weekly Challenges

Have fun! Grow as an artist! Whatever your goal, the weekly challenge will provide simple prompts meant to get you creating. New prompts will be posted on Saturdays.

:fire: View the Weekly Challenges Archive :fire:

Click here
  1. Expressions: Wear your heart on your (spandex) sleeve
  2. DC LEGO: Just Imagine
  3. Knee-Biters: DC Characters as Toddlers
  4. No Place Like Hideouts: Background challenge
  5. DCFac’s Eggcellent Adventure: Easter egg decorating, DC-style
  6. Feline Fine and Artin’ Onward: Catwoman’s 80th Anniversary
  7. The Anti-blank-Batman-head coalition project: Community User Icons (Free for any to use!)
  8. Community Tag: Members supplying prompts to other members
  9. ‘GID GOOD, SCRUB’ : The Question playing video games while sitting in a beanbag chair
  10. I Make This Look Good: DC weapons, gear and more
  11. Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Reproducing official comic artwork
  12. ‘Let the coin decide.’ : Members rolled to see if they would be drawing heroes or villains
  13. DC Diversity: Celebrating black cast members of the DCU in honor of Juneteenth
  14. Challenge 1. DC Pride: Celebrating LBGTQ+ characters in honor of Pride Month
    Challenge 2: LGBTQ+ Icons for the DCU community
  15. ‘We the People’: In celebration of the Fourth, famous figures of history redrawn as DC characters
  16. Character Challenge: Speedsters
  17. ‘Rainbow Connection’: Color-prompt challenge
  18. ‘Out-of-Context Chaos’: Artists picked a single line of text from a comic and created original (and very unrelated) art for it.
  19. ‘Read All About It’: Artists received prompts from a random newspaper headline generator
  20. Character Challenge: Martian Manhunter
  21. ‘Seeing Stars’: The heroes and villains of live-action Stargirl
  22. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ : Drawing characters as teens — but only those we haven’t already seen often de-aged in canon material.
  23. ‘Element-ary’: Drawing the elemental masters of the DCU
  24. Character Challenge: Mera
  25. Art in Honor of Batman Day 2020!
  26. Character Challenge: Superman
  27. Text Challenge: “It’s so easy to be wicked without knowing it, isn’t it?”
  28. Photo Prompt Challenge: Steampunk Gears
  29. Skill Challenge: Crosshatching
  30. Club Crossover: Harley’s Crew, “Harvest Ivy”
  31. Character Challenge: Jessica Cruz

Monthly Challenges

For the more ambitious! As always, all skill levels are welcome, but the goal of the monthly challenge is to push yourself to submit your best work. New prompts will be posted on the first of the month.

:fire: View the Monthly Challenges Archive :fire:

Click here
  1. March 2020: 80 Years of Robin
  2. April 2020: DC Episodes Turned Into Comic Book Covers
  3. May 2020: Meta Madhouse: TOURNAMENT OF TERROR
  4. June 2020: Team Trinity Challenge
  5. July 2020: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer
  6. August 2020: DC Masterpiece
  7. September 2020: Art Celebrating DCFandome’s Promos
  8. October 2020: DCU Inktober | Video
  9. November 2020: Characters We’re Thankful For
  10. Community Art Giveaway | Community Ornaments & Stockings

Other Stuff

• Tutorial/Resources/Free Stock Wiki Art tutorials and tips for artists of all levels
  • Reference SOS Need help with a pose? Check here!
  • Feedback Forum The place to go if looking for constructive criticism from fellow club members and the community at large
  • Requests Thread Answer the art requests of fellow community members, or make some yourself
  • Sketch Space Sketch-dump space for pieces you don’t want to spotlight in a solo thread, but would still like to share
31 Likes

I’m so excited!!!

5 Likes

Is anybody else having trouble joining? I click the link and it gives me an error message.

4 Likes

I’m so happy that you made this club @CynicalPink ! I look forward to seeing the art that everyone makes. Also, I hope you get to feeling better soon!

@JeepersItsTheJamags I’m getting the same message.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting an “Access Denied” message when I click on it.

2 Likes

I looked through my own club’s settings. I think the club might not be publicly visible, but I think it’s the mods and not the club leaders who control that (at least, I didn’t see a button to make mine not-public and I have no record of making it public in the first place in the log). So… @Applejack! @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell! Help!

3 Likes

Won’t let me join :pensive:

2 Likes

@JeepersItsTheJamags, TYSM for getting everyone rounded up while I’ve been MIA!

Sorry about the tech glitch, everyone. Last night, when getting the basics in place, I noticed that I couldn’t make the adjustment that allows people to join freely (it was supposed to be the default, but the option is entirely greyed out on my end). Maybe it’ll kick in when Watchtower makes the official announcement about the new groups. Otherwise, I’ll send another shoutout to AJ and PPB if they don’t respond to Jamag’s mention.

Ty everyone for being so patient while I get over the flu ! I’m really excited about getting this underway!

4 Likes

@biff_pow, @serenap95, @Jay_Kay, @JeepersItsTheJamags , @Aquamon - I tried to add you guys manually in the meanwhile, but I’m not sure it accepted it. The group now says 6 members, but you’re all hidden.

5 Likes

It’s a secret society! We’re like DCU’s very own Court of Owls.

7 Likes

Way cooler than the Illuminati

5 Likes

Annnnnd the join button has been fixed, thanks to our fabulous mods!

7 Likes

Sounds fun! Excited for all the drawing prompts.

4 Likes

@Broken-Knight Welcome aboard! Planning to get us warmed up with the first this weekend.

5 Likes

Finally!!! Can’t express this enough! Although…I can’t draw :neutral_face: so this will be very much a learning experience.

4 Likes

Am I correct to assume the first prompt will be tomorrow? Can we use a digital software if so?

3 Likes

@AnonymousBB Indeed it is, and you absolutely can! I’m gonna do my best to make the challenges friendly for both digital and traditional artists :slight_smile:

Also, happy to have ya join us!!

4 Likes

i hope @serenap95 doesn’t mind me posting this here, but they drew some great pieces that i think got overlooked in a lost thread of mine!

4 Likes

@biff_pow Glad you shared! I would have missed that otherwise!

3 Likes

I don’t mind at all, thanks for sharing it! :purple_heart:

2 Likes