DCU Cookbook: Boy Wonder BLT

Love cooking up a storm like Negative Man? Can you bake a pie as good as Martha Kent’s? What about tasty chili like Oliver Queen? Ever had a dream of opening your own DC themed restaurant? Like showing off how good (or bad) your food looks? Just… enjoy food?

Ready those stovetops, dust off those oven mitts, and get ready to make some kitchen magic! Use this month’s theme to create your own DC delicacy for a chance to be featured in our news section!

MARCH THEME

Robin

We’re celebrating the 80th Anniversary of The Boy Wonder by cracking open the Official DC Super Hero Cookbook and adding its recipes to our own! Holy sandwich, Batman!

RECIPE

Here’s this month’s example recipe:

Boy Wonder BLT

Ingredients

• 4 bacon strips
  • 2 slices of white bread
  • 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
  • 2 lettuce leaves
  • 2 slices of tomato

Preparation

1. Cook the slices of bacon on the stove top or in a microwave
  2. Lightly toast the 2 slices of bread. Remove from the toaster and slather one side of each slice with mayo.
  3. Put 2 crunchy lettuce leaves, 2 tomato slices, and 4 strips of bacon on the bottom piece of bread. Add the top piece and cut into quarters.

YOUR TURN!

Post pictures and recipes of your Robin inspired culinary creations in the comments below! We’ll be picking our favorite to feature in the news section every month.

8 Likes

Finally something I can actually make!
:hatched_chick: :sandwich:

4 Likes

This looks so tasty! :smiley: I can’t wait to try it, @BestBeastBoy!

2 Likes

Here is my Gluten Free Bacon, Lettuce, & Mayo!

:high_brightness: 2 Slices Gluten Free White Bread

:high_brightness: 2&1/2 Strips Bacon

:high_brightness: Lots of Lettuce

:high_brightness: Light Mayonnaise

6 Likes

That looks delicious, @KeyFamily! :smiley:

3 Likes

Are we allowed to add the recipes from munchie mondays and DCU cookbook to our own cookbooks?
March 4 2020

2 Likes

@Alias That is highly encouraged!!!

2 Likes

@KeyFamily Oh man that looks so good. I can almost hear the lettuce crunching… :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @BestBeastBoy! I Wanted to get the ok before I added them.
March 4 2020

2 Likes

Making me so hungry. I eat BL’s. I don’t like tomatoes so bacon, lettuce & mayonnaise for me. There so good tho. Great stuff everyone!!!

1 Like

@capo-mage I maaaay have given this to my spouse to eat cause I am also not a tomato person. Never have been, never will be. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not a picky eater at all. Tomatoes, Seafood, Olives & I think that’s it. Weirdly, my younger of my 2 older sisters (a little over a year & a half difference) has the exact same palate. We both only dislike those specific foods.

1 Like

Thank you so much @ZatannaAndHerSpells and @BestBeastBoy! It was delicious and extra crispy! :grinning:

3 Likes

Mouth…watering…

2 Likes