DCU Book Club Week 9: GREEN ARROW YEAR ONE issues 1-6

I read six of them last week, its awesome. I hope we get to see Oliver Queen in the Birds of Prey movie , since Black canary is in the movie .

1 Like

@Xanderstrange

Glad you’re digging it!

Pleasantly surprised. Might do my essay on this…

1 Like

I waited to the last minute to do my homework. I’m reading tonight :wink: I only read the first few pages so far and I’m already engaged in the story. I look forward to the discussion this weekend.

2 Likes

I read this back when i was in high school almost 8 years ago. Great read.

Yeah, this one is pretty easy to burn through. Many times that’s not a good thing, like there isn’t much by way of content, but this is one of the good ones where it just flows, if that males sense.

*makes sense

Remind me, when are they going to let us edit our posts?

I hope soon also delete would be an awful nice feature

1 Like

Without spoiling (hopefully that possible) what should I read after this mini series? Or is that even on DCU at the moment?

@XanderStrange

Unfortunately there isn’t a great selection of Green Arrow available on DCU at the moment. Everything available is pretty good though!

Spoiler discussion begins at 5PM EST and lasts all weekend. See you guys then! :slight_smile:

Of the books available, the Grell run is incredible, it starts with the three issue mini called The Longbow Hunters and goes from there. I think the Kevin Smith run is on here too, and that’s very good.

Well hey, I liked it. 6 stories to explain the start of the character has me really interested in seeing how Green Arrow goes about being the superhero he is. Hopefully some issues are coming in the near future that take place after year one to continue the reading.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay

Agreed on the Grell run. I don’t like the Kevin Smith run as much as most, but it’s definitely worth a read.

2 Likes

@XanderStrange

Hopefully more gets added soon. Green Arrow is my favorite character in comics. My favorite Green Arrow run is Jeff Lemire’s run during New 52. Hopefully that gets added soon.

2 Likes

Oh no I have homework oh I guess I’ll be busy Saturday again

I’m on issue 2 now, and I’m loving the amount of green used in this comic. It’s absolutely gorgeous.(Green’s my favorite color, so I might be little biased :yum:)

2 Likes

@Yazov

The coloring in general in this book is fantastic imo. But yes the Green in particular :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spoiler Discussion has officially begun! Let us know what you thought of Green Arrow: Year One! And don’t forget discussion lasts all weekend so make sure you drop back by to see what other people thought!

:heart:

2 Likes

I just finished and thought it was really enjoyable. It was really fast, but idk if that was just because I was going quickly to the next panel, but it made you want to. Arrow really got the first season to be quite similar to this comic in some ways and that was really enjoyable to see. What were some of your thoughts? What do you think of Ollie’s quick fingers with the bow and how convenient it was for him to had been trained by Robin Hood and for him to be a master archer? Do you think they should have done more with his training in archery or do you think it was fine the way they had it, with just a side mention as he’s firing arrows? Also, what do you think of him killing the gang at the end? He doesn’t really kill anyone throughout the series and he seems to have troubles with it when he’s facing his former bodyguard, even tho ho stole like 14 million dollars from him and left him to drown, and he starved and nearly died multiple times because of it. But in the end there he’s kinda just like, haha, I got one over on them!. Which is another thing, what do you think of the witty remarks on the side?

1 Like