DCU Book Club Week 72 JUSTICE LEAGUE/POWER RANGERS Issues 1-6; Jan. 27 - Feb. 2

:rofl::rofl:

She does kind of look horrified

1 Like

Yes first time

The TV show in the 90’s some of the early movies and saw the live action movie in 2017.

On the Power Rangers side I liked Kimberly and Lord Zedd. On the Justice League side I liked Flash and Batman.

There were a lot of good panels but I have to go with this one because I never thought I would see this happen.

This panel also was cool because it gives hope to another adventure between the Power Rangers and the Justice League

Thanks @MattMcDonald for letting me relive some of my younger days with this crossover.

2 Likes

Was my first time reading it, kind of already answered the question about history with Power Rangers earlier – tldr version, was big into it as a child, not really followed it as a vaguely adult-ish person.

• Which character did you like the most?

I think the I liked most at the end is one that I would have never expected, which is Alpha Five. I always thought of him as the pretty annoying comic relief. But in I think it was #5 I really liked the conversation that he had with Brainiac, where Alpha questioned Brainiac’s sense of sentience and argued that to be truly sentient is to be aware of and embrace the community around you; and that to remove/bottle a city to learn of it’s culture doesn’t work, because cultures evolve with others coming in and out, and isolating them only stagnates them.

Brainiac’s entire motivation is completely demolished in one go by the annoying robot who walks like a geriatric and it’s most known phrase is “Aye-yi-yi-yi-yi!” It’s kinda beautiful.

Oh, and him becoming big and fighting a big putty monster was also pretty cool.

• What was your favorite page or panel?

I think I’ll go with the Power Rangers going into battle with some of the DC weapons and armor when they’re without their morphing coins. Seeing Jason with the Red Hood mask and Kimberly using Green Arrow’s trick arrows was really cool. Part of me wishes we kind of got a bit of “turn-about is fair play” and had Justice League Power Rangers, but hey, maybe we’ll get a sequel sometime.

Besides, we did get something sort of like that in Dark Knights: Metal.

1 Like

This made me happy! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

God you’re right that moment was so so rad!

1 Like

Yep yep this was a favorite of mine as well

Thanks for reading everyone! It’s not too late to let us know what you thought!!

1 Like

Just made it!!!

Ok first off - this was a really fun book. The youthful humor of the Power Rangers really stands out against the “grown ups” in the Justice League.

• This is not my first time. The first time I read it, was when it came out. I remember there was a long delay between issues 4 and 5. I talked to the comic book store employees about it and they were surprised about the delay too because the comic was selling pretty well. I like this comic more than I liked the tv show in the 90s.

• I used to babysit my little sister after school. I wasn’t a fan of the Power Rangers show, but she absolutely loved it and “the pink Ranger”, and it kept her quiet while I was doing my homework. After a while, the show grew on me. I never became a Power Ranger fan, but I knew the show and the characters, and wasn’t upset about watching the show. I saw the movie that recently came out. I thought it was a good modern version of the Power Rangers and did a good job of explaining the dinosaur part of their powers. I’m still not a Power Rangers fan, but I liked the movie more than the tv show. My next experience with Power Rangers was this book. This book was the first time I truly enjoyed the Power Rangers. They cracked me up!

• I like Wonder Woman the most. Throughout the book, she was leading people with love and wisdom.

• I had a lot of favorite moments, which I’ll share in the next post, but this moment was great! Boxing Glove Arrow for the win!

3 Likes

I also loved that Wonder Woman moment, especially with all the UN guards holding onto her, trying to drag her away and failing miserably.

Also loved that the JL let Kimberly keep the boxing glove arrow. :smiley:

2 Likes

Fun moments!

This was a long post, but there were just so many fun moments, I couldn’t stop adding panels to this post. Thanks for the great pick @MattMcDonald. It was fun to revisit this.

3 Likes

Yes! So funny!

1 Like

That reminds me of something I noticed when I was reading the first issues. So Zack comes to the DC world, and Batman says he has a concussion. But when everyone realizes they’re on the same side and start working together, Zack is still around like nothing’s happened? Not even something about patching him up?

1 Like

I think that same thing every time I see Batman getting badly wounded, yet still continuing to fight on, like nothing happened. I think that’s just a comics thing.

1 Like

“Batman - Well, Batman’s Batman”

1 Like