DCU Book Club Week 7: BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN Issues 7-13

Greetings!

Halloween is upon us, and DC Universe Book Club is celebrating by reading the classic DC Comic, Batman: The Long Halloween.

Last week we read and discussed issues 1-6, so this week we are finishing it off by reading issues 7-13.

As always discussion begins on Friday (11/2) at 5PM EST and lasts all weekend, but feel free to leave spoiler free thoughts throughout the week.

Next week DCUBC will be returning to your regularly scheduled shenanigans so make sure you stop by next Monday (11/5) to see what book we are tackling for Week 8.

If you’d like to take a look at last week’s discussion of issues 1-6 it’s right here: https://www.dcuniverse.com/community/boards/comics/dcu-book-club-week-6-batma

If you want to talk to chat about all things DC and other fun stuff DCUBC is on Discord: https://discord.gg/SUs87JP

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

Shout out to my dude, Batman.

8 Likes

YaaaaaaaaHooooooo!
And…
BOOOOOOO!

1 Like

This series is very good as a stand alone. It helps if you’re already familiar with the various characters. It is an enjoyable read if you aren’t.

3 Likes

I just want to say thank you to everyone who continues to participate in our little club. I’ve loved reading and talking about comics with all of you:)

:heart:

7 Likes

This is the first time I’ve read this. I thought it was pretty good, I thought there was a lot of fluff to allow the story to unfold over 13 issues. The artwork was stylized and nice. Overall a thumbs up.

1 Like

I can’t get it to download, keeps running into errors? ??

What is amazing about this storyline is the fact that joker is in it but he doesn’t steal the show.

8 Likes

@RedHood speaking of the Joker in this series, you may recall there’s someone named @Yazov that was on the Discord Channel Friday night for the after Titans live View event chat. I remarked earlier in this thread that the dialogue for the Joker reminds me of what @Yazov posts in Discord for the DCU book club. Yazov has now revealed that he has been told by others that his laugh resembles that of the Joker’s …I hope we never have to experience that!

2 Likes

@redhood.55520

@Redhood.55520 Really says a lot about the writing on display here. So so good.

@redhood.55520 I completely agree that’s one of my favorite things about the story.

1 Like

I can’t wait discuss this on Friday. I read 7-9 so far and WOW. Awesome writing!

4 Likes

Same here :slight_smile: Can’t get enough of this book.

1 Like

I read this awhile back in its collected form and it’s one of the best because it’s back to basic street level Batman. Taking it back to his detective roots. You can tell hush was inspired by this once you get to the end. I won’t spoil it.

2 Likes

Oh, Professor M Professor M, you’ll get enough of Long Halloween by November 5th when it’s taken from our view…read quickly, my poppets…

1 Like

really good loved the artwork and batsuit but sort of reminded me of identity crisis when it was the wife like lol kind of the same thing ik this came out b4 but still weird

4 Likes

@Don-El

I’m gonna miss seeing those covers on the DC Universe homepage. :frowning:

But I’m actually reading it on ComiXology shhh don’t tell anyone.

3 Likes

Each issue (that I’ve read so far) keeps me guessing. I’m enthralled.

1 Like

Always the eternal optimist I’m actually thinking that DC will finally have a decision about what they’re going to do to expand the comics library in the next week or two. you know lollipops and fairy gardens…

I’m a little behind (finishing up issue 6 now!), but The Long Halloween series has been so good!! I love that the mood comes across so heavily in the illustrations. And the dialogue is great.
All very noir. :slight_smile:

2 Likes