DCU Book Club Week 6: BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN Issues 1-6

Welcome to a very spooky edition of DCUBC. This week, we are taking a look at the first 6 issues of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale’s masterpiece, Batman: A Long Halloween.

Considered by many as one of the greatest Batman stories of all time, this dark noir style tale follows Batman as he is on the hunt for a killer who only strikes on holidays.

Very very spooky (you know cause it’s Halloween)

As always discussion begins Friday (10/26) at 5 PM EST, but feel free to leave spoiler free impressions throughout the week.

Next week we will be tackling issues 7-13 so please do not discuss anything that happens following issue 6. The full book discussion will take place during Week 7!

This book rules and so do all of you!

NOTE: This book is not available on DC Universe until 10/23. (If you’re reading this the day it’s posted that’s tomorrow!)

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

16 Likes

Hey everyone!

Thanks for dropping in! A wanted to make a quick note regarding the the next couple of weeks here on DCUBC.

Since this book is 13 Issues I’ve decided to split it over 2 weeks. Issues 1-6 are this week. 7-13 are next week (Next week’s discussion will begin Friday November 2 at 5PM EST). If these next 2 weeks go smoothly maybe we will do more of this in the future.

:heart:

4 Likes

Matt your brain is on fire bro

2 Likes

Sounds great! Thanks again

Sweet Christmas!

2 Likes

Yes! I was out this past weekend and didn’t participate but I’m super excited for this selection

1 Like

Nice, its been ages since I reread it. It was, like, the second or third comic I ever bought; and last I saw it was kind of coming apart at the seams. :sweat_smile:

Dude can’t wait for this, I haven’t read the long Halloween ( don’t scream at me) so I can’t wait. I heard it’s one of the best Batman comics

2 Likes

Glad people are looking forward to it! I started re reading a couple days ago. Can’t wait to talk to all of you about it on Friday:)

2 Likes

I grabbed this from my book shelf last week to reread. It is one of those Batman stories I have to my wife to read when she asked the age old question of what was good.

Those that haven’t read this (and why the heck not?!!) are in for a treat.

1 Like

@Matches_Malone They sure are! Love love love this book. Stoked it’s making an appearance on the service.

1 Like

@Meisaj It’s a great “first Batman” book.

2 Likes

I’m spooked already :joy::joy:

1 Like

Gosh I love the DCUBC so much!! As a beginner, it really helps me get into great stories with awesome discussions at the end of the week! I take these as side quests (think video games lol) as opposed to my main campaign with a reading order I found online for the New 52. Looking forward to this!!! Cheers!! :beers:

2 Likes

@DjokeR-977 Glad to have you! How are you enjoying New 52? Whatcha been reading?

Just read issue #1. I like the beginning. Reminds of the dark knight because of Harvey dent

1 Like

Great choice on this one. I picked up this graphic novel after I got out of the Marines, it got me back into reading comics and I haven’t put them down since. I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else thinks.

1 Like

@Redhood.55520
Yeah, The Dark Knight just oozes this book. “I Believe in Harvey Dent”

2 Likes

I won’t add spoilers, but I just read the first issue and loved it! I can’t wait to read the rest.