DCU Book Club Week 43: THE SPECTRE (1992-) Issues 1-7

Greetings DCU,

This week, DCUBC visits the focus of anger, retribution, and wrath…the embodiment of vengeance… is it none other than… THE SPECTRE (dun dunn duuunnnn!), also known as James “Jim” Corrigan.

“The Spectre is arguably the most powerful Super Hero in the DC Universe.” - DCU Encyclopedia / Spectre

If you’ve never read the Spectre, this book is an excellent example of why he is arguably the most powerful.

Our spoiler discussion begins now and ends at the end of the day on Sunday, July 14th. So jump right in and share your thoughts!

:books:WHAT TO READ :books:
THE SPECTRE (1992-) Issues 1-7

:eight_spoked_asterisk: DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:

1. Is this your first time reading The Spectre?

2. Which DC character do you think is more intimidating than the Spectre?

3. Who did you think was more threatening: Spectre or Madame Spectre, and why?

4. What was the most memorable moment in the story to you?

As always, we’d love to hear your thoughts and reactions to the story.

Want to catch up on our previous DCU Book Club (DCUBC) discussions? Type DCUBC in DCU’s search bar, or, visit the DCUBC Archive on Discord: https://discord.gg/kfSNQP6

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me, JLWWSM, on Discord or via email at JLonDCU@gmail.com.

4 Likes

Brrrrrr!!!

1 Like

Be careful you might fall in love and be hypnotized by Tom mandrakes art!

2 Likes

Oh, I recently read issue one and meant to continue with it. Look forward to seeing everyone’s opinions on this one.

2 Likes

I actually read this series not too long ago! It’s really good. Can’t wait for the spoiler discussion to start!

1 Like

I’m in with a vengeance

2 Likes

Hey hey hey JLWWSM! I do love the Spectre and think I’ll join in on this one. I feel bad that I don’t join in on more book club events its just I have so many titles that I’m reading now.

1 Like

1st Surprise was seeing that this series goes 63 issues. Even in an era of longer runs and more comics that’s impressive

1 Like

Issue 1 spoiler free reaction. Wow.

2 Likes

@msgtv LOL

1 Like

Hey neat! Looking forward to this.

Fun Fact: GCPD detective Crispus Allen took over as the Spectre after Hal Jordan became a Green Lantern again.

Crispus Allen was also in the live action Justice League movie. Could he become the Spectre and provide fuel for a sequel?

1 Like

You say that to all the titles, AquamonC137, LOL…

Well since amazing squid put the for sale sign on his book club I guess I’ll have a little more time again

1 Like

@Don-El oh its true though! between what the current stuff I’m reading and the superman bookclub I’m comic booked up. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

@IamSpectre94
I should have heeded your warning. I am mesmerized by the art.

@PrincessAmethyst
Hi :blush:! Excellent, I love when book club syncs up with peoples’ reading lists!

@Batwing52
Hi! Spoiler discussion is open now. Feel free to chime in anytime. =)

@Msgtv
:rofl: Awesome! And yeah, I had to take breaks between some of the issues because they were intense! Can’t wait to hear more of your thoughts and reactions.

@fansumtheory.16165
Hey hey hey!! We’re glad to have you anytime you can make it!

1 Like

@Vroom
I’m intrigued. I’m going to look up Crispus Allen now.

@Don-El
Glad to have you here! =)