Nice profile :grin::grin:

1 Like

@MattMcDonald Pepsi is perfect.

1 Like

@Vroom

You know those special words that make my heart flutter

1 Like

@bigedy

Thanks for dropping in! How do you think this book holds up today?

Just read issue 2
I love the cartoony vibe of this series. I smiled and giggled through the whole thing. I want to see the Ooze brothers in other comics too.

2 Likes

This was a funny hero-fail! Plaas and Woozy need a bit more hero-practice =)

2 Likes

@JLWWSM

The Ooze brothers are so good! I would love a gritty reboot of them in current continuity!

1 Like

Joined in book clubs with Flintstones and have grabbed a bunch since because I really enjoy the experience. But, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I didn’t like this series. A few nice sight gags but, just didn’t work for me and I gave up after two. I think one problem is all the other characters looked cartoonish like Plas, so in a way he wasn’t so different. So anyway, waiting to see next weeks pick.

1 Like

I just finished the series and I gotta say I really enjoyed it. It was different from anything I’ve read before and the jokes were a bit corny but still fun. I also really liked how the comic style changed from cartoony and campy to the more serious comic tone throughout the issues.

Also did that alien in the last issue look like an older version of Patrick star to anyone.

Just finished #3 and it was hilarious because at first I thought there was going to be some greater DC representation – it’s interesting to ponder if weird cult fantasies like Atlantis blasting off into space is less likely because people know Atlantis exists, or more likely, because they know Atlantis exists. I was hoping for maybe an Aquaman cameo popping in, but then it’s revealed that the state of California is actually the former land mass of Atlantis and I thought “…Yeah, that’s probably not going to happen.”

So far I think that’s the funniest issue of the series, especially with that punchline with the Atlantean wizard. “I am the sole protector of the former Atlantis…but that doesn’t mean I have to live here!”

1 Like

@msgtv

Awww sorry to hear that! Thanks for giving it a shot!

1 Like

@Jay_Kay

Issue 3 is a real stand out to me as well. I thought the cult aspect was hilarious. I too would have loved an Aquaman cameo.

1 Like

@batgogo

Thanks for joining us! Glad you liked it! What was your favorite issue?

1 Like

Issue #3
I liked this panel. I was not expecting to see a Wizard! I love wizards: Gandalf, Oz, Merlin, etc. and now this guy. =)

1 Like

@Matt
I think my favorite issue was the third one as we finally get to see Plastic man do a great feat in that he saved most of California with the help of woozy’s detective skills and the wizard.

1 Like

@batgogo

Same here! Wonderful issue! I loved the bit where woozy drives by plas on the bus. Felt like a Saturday morning cartoon.

1 Like

@JLWWSM

What a great wizard! A real voice a reason!

1 Like

I’ve only read two issues as well. I agree @MattMcDonald that this book feels like a Saturday morning cartoon. They make mention of Martian Manhunter and Belle Reve prison. I just imagine this book being similar to Teen Titans Go but way before its time. This is my first time reading this book. I wanted to read the Kyle Baker one but never got around to it either. I don’t know if I would have read this if it was an ongoing. Good thing its only a mini.

2 Likes

Finished it up! This is my first time reading anything related to plastic man, and I enjoyed it, but I can’t see myself seeking out more about him. As other’s have said, it definitely feels like an episodic kids cartoon, which I enjoyed a lot. I felt like this would be a good all ages book.