DCU Book Club Week 4: Teen Titans (2003) Issues 1-7

That’s right!

To celebrate the launch of the first episode of Titans (and Connor Kent’s return to comics) The DC Universe Book Club is diving into issues 1-7 of Geoff Johns legendary run on Teen Titans.

Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Cassie Sandsmark, CONNER FREAKING KENT.

We also got Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy in leadership roles.

This book nails the new team vibe, and I think it will be an excellent primer for Titans (which premiers this Friday!)

As always discussion begins on Friday (10/12) at 5PM and lasts all weekend. So make sure you drop in and let’s us know what you thought. Also feel free to drop by throughout the week to leave spoiler free impressions.

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to reach out to me via email Mattcmcd@gmail.com or on Twitter @Mattmcdonald

34 Likes

I’m excited!! Early 2000s is my comic blindspots.

1 Like

Buckle up.

7 Likes

Woo hoo!

1 Like

Yes! I can’t wait to read this

2 Likes

Cool, I own this in paperback. Looking forward to Friday, the reviews I have seen for “Titans” are mostly positive.

1 Like

Conner is back

1 Like

Apologies for my ignorance but I really dont know as I’m pretty much a complete DC newbie. I am reading the 1980 New Teen Titans issues as this DC site recommended those as apparently the Titans series is based off that? Did I not understand correctly? What’s the difference between the 1980 issues and this? Hope I’m not reading the wrong story arc?!?!

Good luck only reading 7. I finished all 20 available issues once I started reading. Need to get my hands on that omnibus…

How do I get the the rest! I read all 20 :confused:

Teen Titans (2003) #1-7 by “Geoff Johns”

Nice – I’ve been slowly rereading this via the Wal-Mart Giants, but I’ll definitely go a little faster for the discussion.

Yeah those Walmart Giants are fun in particular I like to buy the Superman and the Teen Titans ones

I’m jealous. Have yet to find any of the “Giant” books in any Wal Mart near me :pensive:

I sell them to you for good price comrade.

1 Like

I would like to get my hands on that Halloween edition 100 page comic giant that comes out tomorrow. Hopefully Wal-mart has one in stock.:crossed_fingers:

They actually came out last week and there was a BUNCH there when I picked it up, so you might be in luck!

Just so you guys know, the Giants are not in the books or magazines, but rather with the Magic cards and the like.

Matt look near the yugioh trading card section. A lot of them have been hidden there

1 Like

Did someone say “Swamp Thing 100 Page Walmart Giant?” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd2H2KuEED4

2 Likes

Love the book club!!

2 Likes