DCU Book Club Week 39: INJUSTICE 2 (2017-) Issues 1-10

I had a lot of fun with the Swamp Thing book club last week and I’m a pretty big fan of the Injustice games so this week seems like it’ll be a fun book club too! Time to get readin’ !

1 Like

@MattMcdonald I remember feeling the same way about the Injustice comics when they were first released. I never got the digital ones and I originally bought the first couple of physical issues when they wete released at my local shop just because I liked the cover art. Then out of boredom I decided to read them because I continued to enjoy the game at the time and I was shocked! It was a video game tie-in comic that somehow became a fantastic experience on its own. I still like the games, but the comics are amazing stuff!

2 Likes

I :heart: Black canary and her family, I have black canary in the video game and she is a level 30, also I’m gonna go as black canary for comic con. And I’m looking for fellow black canary fans or green arrow fans.
If you are a black canary fan then show by responding too this comment by show you are a black canary fan!!!

2 Likes

I :heart: Black canary and her family, I have black canary in the video game and she is a level 30, also I’m gonna go as black canary for comic con. And I’m looking for fellow black canary fans or green arrow fans.
If you are a black canary fan then show by responding too this comment by show you are a black canary fan!!!

3 Likes

@MattMcDonald
There’s something magical about playing Injustice for the first time. I’ll never forget the first time I played it and got to actually “be” Wonder Woman and hear “Wonder Woman Wins!”

@FlashPoint0909
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

@Mononon
I fully agree with you, he really nails funny and sad.

@ultra_JROX
WhooHoo! Welcome back! =)

@TeamQueenTeamLance08642135790
I especially loved Black Canary in this story arc.

After 4 issues, a very nice start to the series. About the weekly digital comics, I had read Injustice before and have nearly finished Smallville season 11. This format provides nice quick reads that are a break from longer books. In the case of these titles you also get free standing universes for the authors to explore. The one downside is that the art, even when nicely done, is constrained by the format.

1 Like

I can’t stop reading this! I’m at chapter 19 right now.

1 Like

Ugg! This story is amazing. I already love the characters, plot. Everything. I read the Injustice comics and watched a play-through of the Injustice game. (Because I don’t have a console that I can play it on.) I’m going to read the rest of this comic now.

1 Like

@msgtv
I finally realized each issue had less panels, so it was really easy for me to binge read through the issues.

@hotstufflouieb
And
@Lunaa12390

Sounds like the reading is going well - Glad to hear it! This series is very captivating.

1 Like

Hotstuff you’ve gone too far! Be careful out there.

1 Like

Too late msgtv! I’m already caught up to the most recent issue on the app. I really do love alternate universes in comics!

1 Like

Hotstuff, holy smokes. If you’re done with Injustice, try Smallville Season 11. If you liked the show you’ll enjoy the comics

1 Like

Whoaaa! 10 issues, I better get cracking on this reading assignment starting today!!!

@Don-El

Hi! The issues have less panels and are therefore faster to read. I read through it like water out of a faucet.

1 Like

Really loving reading this again. I love the way Tom Taylor writes Oliver/Dinah. And of course Connor is just a loveable little scamp! I’m having a lot of fun with it.

2 Likes